RS Media Internet Control

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
FreddyA
FreddyA's picture
RS Media Internet Control

Today was a good day for RS Media fans. A mayor step was taken towards using RSM as a telepresence robot. Jamie and I linked up using HyperTerminal on my end and a wireless serial hack on his RSM to allow me to send commands directly to the robot over the net. It was amazing stuff to say the least. I made his robot take a step using BasicMove commands and also sent a tts message saying "What's up Neo" that the robot spoke out loud all the way accross the world in Australia. The first netcontrolled RSM, Very AWESOME! Congratulations to everyone who have made this possible. On another exciting note, Vader has made progress on RS Media Manager and that is another huge leap towards realizing some of the RSM's real potential for use as a telepresence portal among other features.

Let the good times roll.

Freddy

Jamie
Jamie's picture

Hello all,

I used com2tcp to convert COM7 to tcp, then I forwarded the port that I set in com2tcp then Freddy connected to it using TeraTerm.
Sorry I can't let anyone else control it yet because I don't want my RS Media hacked.

Cheers,

Jamie Kugelmann

roschler
roschler's picture

Can you read images from the RS Media's camera and get audio from the mics?

-- roschler

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

roschler, currently there is a crude method of getting images that helibot came up with and another route Vader has mentioned but no streaming audio or video has been looked at. Yet it is a gigantic step to achieve a internet connection so those features are hopefully not to far along if possible.

Freddy

kabelo
kabelo's picture

i need help rs meida screen is bank no adio works but screen is blank on arm mode and control mode wat should i do to fix it no games no music no pics should i get a new software on it of use editing suit

kabelo
kabelo's picture

i got a problem whith datea
on rs meidia has been corupted and lost but i have an editing sute

gerber
gerber's picture

Hi Kabelo

Nice to see a new member on the forum.

Do you have an sd card with a custom theme on it in you RS Media? If so remove the sd card from the robot and reboot the robot. If you are not using an sd card then it is possible that the Firmware is messed up on the bot. It can be reinstalled but you will need the Serial hack mod done on the RS media first. Then you can reinstall the firmware for the bot.

Below is the link to add the serial hack to the bot

http://www.robocommunity.com/article/13016/Connecting-to-the-RS-Media-Li...

Below is the link to reinstall the firmware for the bot
http://www.robocommunity.com/forum/thread/17606/Reflashing-RSMedia-with-...

Hope this helps. It may be worth starting a new thread about this problem

Cheers
Gerber

Curtainmaker
Curtainmaker's picture

Hi FreddyA and Jamie
Well done on the internet communication. There doesn't seem to be any stopping what our bots and community are truely capable.
WELL DONE
Curtainmaker

gerber
gerber's picture

Hi Curtainmaker

I reacon we are only beginning to discover what can be done on the RS media and there is still loads more still yet to discovered and as long as we keep coming up with new ways to be able to use the bots the skies are the limits for the bots.

Curtainmaker
Curtainmaker's picture

Hi gerber
yeah these bots are sure making headway into something that was never considered when they came off the production line. Walking and talking across the globe has to beat the military dromes.
curtainmaker