Droids wanted

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
elektrodroid
elektrodroid's picture
Droids wanted

Looking for omnibot 2000, omnibot, maxx steele and the radio shack knock-offs of droids like this. Also looking for Comro "Bumpy" and others like this.

I need em for stage-props for my concerts.  email me, rus.stewart(NOSPAM!)at gmail dot com.

i have a homebrew stage prop droid (that i call Elektrodroid look it up on my myspace pix, one photo is up on my profile here) that i use for this, but it is only remote controlled, i need something programmeable, and at least radio controllable, to go with it, i need like three more droids to complete the team.

I emailed just about everyone I know (just got "no" or no reply) and I looked all over the internet for days for these, but can't find any, only other people looking for them, and collectors hoarding them.  Undecided

Ebay is the obvious answer people try to give but, i hate ebay, Wink I would rather deal direct with someone, as i don't have time to compete, and i don't like how the collectors on ebay are driving the prices so ridiculous on things that usually just are not worth that much to begin with.  (i looked there recently, found nothing anyway)

i am not a collector, and not wealthy, Wink so, reasonable price please...(prefer working and decent shape,  however, good cheap deal on one that requires minor repairs or perhaps a donated non-functional fixer-upper droid would be welcome too) and i am not going to just hoard them just to say i have them. 

these will actually be put in use, although light-duty use.  (i take good care of my stuff)

Thank you for your help on this.

elektrodroid
elektrodroid's picture

I am giving up on this.

Will just build another homebrew one out of the parts I have, i suppose.

I suppose I can deal with the programmeability issue later on if I get the resources to later modify these for that.