turns itself off helppp

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
krispatt89
krispatt89's picture
turns itself off helppp

had my rs media for two days... just this morning it has had a fault as in, when you turn it on it turns straight back off... i have replaced all the batterys and it is still doing it.. any ideas?

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

Hello krispatt89, welcome to the forum. Is it new or used? I ask becasue if you purchased from a authorized dealer you may have warranty and you might not want to open him up and void it. Try with a 7.5 v 3amp power adaptor to see if you have the same problem. If its used, You may have to open the robot up and check all connections.

Freddy

krispatt89
krispatt89's picture

Yeah it's used I'm in the process of opening it up now thanks will keep you informed. Thanks. What's happening is it starts up makes a weird noise screen is blank then turns off completely.

Helibot
Helibot's picture

Hi krispatt89,
If its turning on for about 3 seconds then shutting down , its likely that the robot thinks it doesnt have enough batteries to start up. Make sure you have put both the 6 x D batteries AND the 4 x AA in the feet.
Its also possible that there is a connector fault, maybe something came loose during shipping and fell off after some use?
Its also possible that there is a mechanical/electrical fault- if something is drawing too much current during start up, then it can cause the voltage to drop and the robot thinks the batteris are flat and wont power up. This has been seen by a few people when there are faults with the head or neck motor/electrics. Moving the head to 45degrees sideways can sometimes help - but you can only really do this when he is apart (and I think you have to undo the springs on his chest).
Cheers
Helibot