133 posts / 0 new
Last post
gerber
gerber's picture

Hi Helibot

I have a question about TINYFTP

I start up the RSM and opened hyper terminal then start TINYFTP by typing

./mnt/sd/tinyftp –c

I then open windows explorer and typed ftp://10.0.0.2 in the address bar. The RSM systems files and folders are shown, but I canÂ’t see the sd card. If I then start a new hyper terminal and type

cd /mnt/sd
./tinyftp –c

I then open windows explorer and in the address bar type ftp://10.0.0.2 .I can now a see the SD card but can no long get to the system folder

I have tried opening another session of hyperterminal and typing
./mnt/sd/tinyftp –c

But when I open windows explorer again and type ftp://10.0.0.2 it just goes to the SD card and the only way to get back to the system folder is to reboot the robot.

QUESTIONS
How do I get back to the RSM system folders and files again with out switching rebooting the RSM?
Is there away of to navigate to all the folder (i.e. RSM system and SD card) with having to do the above procedure?
Do I need to stop Tinyftp to do this if so how do I do it?

Cheers
Gerber

Vader
Vader's picture

Do a killall tinyftp to kill the existing TinyFTP process before you start a new one.

gerber
gerber's picture

Hi Vader

Cheers for that will try it tonight.

Cheers
Gerber

Helibot
Helibot's picture

Hi Gerber,
Vader is correct, you should only have one instance of the tinyftp running at once, so use killall to stop old ones before starting new ones.
The -c option is used to set the starting directory so you should be able todo:
./mnt/sd/tinyftp -c /mnt/sd or
./mnt/sd/tinyftp -c /

Not sure why you cant see both...its something todo with permissions I think.

Cheers
Helibot

Helibot
Helibot's picture

Curtainmaker said: Hi Helibot, Yep the only other thing i came across was number 10. 10.1 Copy the files & directory '/rsupdate' to the root directory of the SD Card (ideally it should be the SDCard that was used for the firmware_dump in step 1 above......

Thanks for the feedback. I will try to correct/improve the docs after Easter

Cheers
Helibot

gerber
gerber's picture

Hi Helibot

Thanks for the info, I will have play with Tinyftp and see if I am doing something wrong.

Cheers
Gerber

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

Hi Helibot, I was playing around with my old windows mobile and I was able to get to the bluetooth com port console using pocketPutty and see the ppp start. I was pretty happy thinking I was a few steps away from opening up a mobile browser to the webserver but I found no way of setting up an incomming connection. I gave google some of my time and came up short. not much but this link with some code http://flylib.com/books/en/2.761.1.49/1/
Just wondering if you had messed with windows mobile. I'm trying to get it going I think it would be very cool plus it has the good i.r so I've already programmed all the remote codes much less bulky, and touch screen! If I get to the web page and ftp that will be ultimate. I'm also gearing up to start trying to get multiple cnnections going in Windows 7.

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

Here is an update to the windows mobile connection. Since I could not figure how to make an incoming connection in WM5, I approached the matter from the other end. on my pc I made a virtual com port to the robot ip after the robot connected to windows 7. Set up tcp2com to the virtual port and port forward 23 on my router. Now I can telnet local and from the internet on WM5 and tried one ftp app and after fussing with the settings I could get a connection but it would drop. Going to try another ftp app, also tried browsing to the web server still no go for reaching my web control page with the embedded video which is my main goal, directly over ppp on WM5, via local network or internet. About the multiple connections to windows 7 I've got an idea using my xbee radio but have not tried it. That??s it for now.
Freddy

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

A little more progress, now I can browse the pc IP to the vitual port and reach the web server on the robot. Although it is unstable, I can see the web page start to load and see traffic on the virtual com port before it disconnects.

Freddy

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

double post

Helibot
Helibot's picture

Hey Freddy,
>Just wondering if you had messed with windows mobile.
No , I havent done anything with Windows Mobile. But I guess you would have to run some special software to make it a PPP server, as I dont think this would be a normal use for Windows mobile.(Actually it would be more likely that by default windows mobile would support being a PPP client (not a server).)

>now I can browse the pc IP to the vitual port and reach the web
>server on the robot.
Cool, sounds like its almost working!

>I can see the web page start to load and see traffic on the
> virtual com port before it disconnects.
Which part is disconnecting?

You could try doing ping from windows mobile to rsmedia IP address , ping is often good to find where the connections are not working well.

Cheers
Helibot

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

Hi helibot, you are right. There is software to set up incomming commections in windows mobile but at a high price. There is also code in c, .net and VB to do it but it's beyond me. Instead I managed to mickey mouse a connection by making a virtual com port to the robot ip. then seetting up tcp2com for port 80 to go to com7 and on my windows mobile (or any pc i guess) I can open the browser to the pc ip the tcp2com shows connection established, and the virtual port hangs here, sometimes says error on client connection but a little does get through. I cant or dont know how to ping from the windows mobile yet. I swap port numbers and tried diffrent combinations. of 23 and 80. even tried setting 2 stop bits. Notice the spelling on the port manager lan status "conencted" which tells me its connected but needs to be tweeked haha.

Here is another picture with the whole shabang.

Pages