Anyone interested in RSMRemote for Android?

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Vader
Vader's picture
Anyone interested in RSMRemote for Android?

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone here would be interested in a version of RSMRemote for Android? I've already started it, but I don't really want to waste my time on an Android version if no one is going to use it.

Robostuff
Robostuff's picture

Of course, that would be very exciting

Helibot
Helibot's picture

Hi Vader,
I have a Nexus One Android phone , so would love to try it!!
Cheers
Helibot

Vader
Vader's picture

What version of Android are you running? I'm currently targeting 2.2, however I can quite easily lower the requirement if needed.

Helibot
Helibot's picture

I have 2.1 in my Nexus One, not many have Froyo (2.2) yet. Dont think its offically released yet?. So I'd suggest targeting 2.1 at the moment.

Cheers
Helibot

Giollachriost
Giollachriost's picture

Sounds ambitious and intriguing, Vader! I'm using 1.6 on my G1 and won't be able to upgrade anytime soon, so that leaves me out :)

Good luck with the project!

Vader
Vader's picture

It doesn't really use anything that'll stop it from running on 1.6, it's basically just sockets and some standard Android widgets. Speaking of sockets, I haven't got them to work yet, apparently the app's missing the "INTERNET" permission, even though it's specified in the manifest...

BTW, The app will work by using you computer as a server or connecting directly through Bluetooth (If you have a bluetooth serial hack done on your rsm)

Helibot
Helibot's picture

Hi Vader,
I tried it on My Nexus One - looks Good. See the photos I emailed you.
I have got a Bluetooth connection (But I usually use the wired connection).
Let me know which one is working first and I can try either (bluetooth or Wifi)

Cheers
Helibot

ali_g12
ali_g12's picture

Yes, I'd be interested in this. I'll be upgrading to the new Sony Ericsson android phone soon. This would be an added bonus!

ali_g12
ali_g12's picture

FWIW - I ended up getting the new HTC desire instead.

bblboy54
bblboy54's picture

I would absolutely love this..... I'm running Cyanogenmod on a myTouch 3G Slide.

Santa Matt
Santa Matt's picture

I have an LG Vortex with Android 2.2. And I am interested too.

Vader
Vader's picture

OK, I've decided to pull this out of the "vapourware" box and do some work on it. I can't really think of a good UI for it though. Any suggestions?

miker2
miker2's picture

This i must have! Im using 2.2

VinceK
VinceK's picture

Any progress on RSMRemote? got android 2.3 and wanting to control rovio. I am wanting to do some kind of rebuild of the mobile page that is served from rovio, but on a home server that just interfaces with rovio (since we cant rewrite what already being served from rovio) in order to make it work for android and other newer phones. All that would be a hassle for me, so if your project is still in progress, I'm interested.

EDIT: I just found 2 other apps that may be what I'm looking for. 2Bots and AndRovio.