Replacing battery casing

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
SheBot
SheBot's picture
Replacing battery casing

My recently arrived RSMedia, had dead batteries left in it. They have rusted & the springs have rusted & broken off. I have new springs to fit, but would like to remove the whole casing to inspect & replace parts as needed.  I see there is a screw deep inside the foot accessed near the toe.  Where can I find  details on dismantelling an RSM 's feet?

Thanks, appreciate any assistance .....

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

Hello SheBot, welcome to the forum! I've taken the foot shells off quite a few times and will be doing it again tomorrow sometime. It's a matter of carefully removing the 2 deeply inset screws as not to strip them and the other 2 screws above are more simple. There are also two small screws on the inside center "ankle". Hope that helps as far as the foot shells. Removing the battery cases is a bit more to do, I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow to help out.

Freddy

SheBot
SheBot's picture

Thanks I found some pics on the RS Media Robot Disassembly, very helpful. Will take another look, helps to have the right tools.

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

Hi SheBot, I forgot to mention one of my favorite members here, TikaC, has documented here http://www.robocommunity.com/forum/thread/17779/RS-Media-Disassembly-Doc... Maybe those are the picture you mentioned. Oh and yes, be sure to use the right tools, stripping one of those deeply inset screws could turn out to be a nightmare.

Freddy

SheBot
SheBot's picture

Hi Freddy, Yes that's where I found the info. I also found the Femisapien manual, as the one I rec with EMA was written in Japanese. Thank you contributors to RoboCommunity.

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

Shebot, be sure to post your finished fix! I'd like to see how it turns out. I received a RSM from the UK that came with an exploded AA. I used baking soda and water to clean it up. Yours looks tragic.

I have two femisapiens and I did the led eyes mod on them so they are surgically augmented you could say in human terms ha ha. Is your EMA details red?