Injured Roboraptor

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sakura_blades
Sakura_blades's picture
Injured Roboraptor

A few weeks ago my Roboraptor suffered a terrible fall, and since then his neck has been dilocated from his head. I've searched all over the internet for instructions or guides on how to disassemble him, and to no avail...

I have however, tinkered enough to where I've managed to get the side of his leg off on the left side, and thanks to a REALLY tight screw, I am unable to get the leg off completely. (I have however managed to nearly completely stip the remaining screw head holding his leg bits on.)

The reason I am trying to get inside my Raptor is because when he fell upon his face, not only did the neck dislocate but I've noticed to cables that don't seem to connect to anywhere! The head still moves with the tail and vis-a-versa... But it is really bothering me where these two cables are supposed to connect to!?

Do they connect in the head itself or is it in the neck? I'm so frustrated with my beloved robo friend I am about ready to just trash him.

Please... Help me, help my Roboraptor.

Sakura_blades
Sakura_blades's picture

I think I've managed to royally fuck my Roboraptor over.... Because I am unable to unscrew this internal leg screw, (nearly completely stripped now) I dove into the screw just beneath it thinking perhaps I could get the leg off that way.

Boy was I wrong! Evidently I didn't notice it was attached to an almost free moving piece joint plastic that shifted and fell off it's (hook) within the body. I wasn't able to fish it upright with a screw driver and now the piece is completely free of it's original position... ><; I can't get in there to do anything about it...

HELP!?!?

idrum289
idrum289's picture

I've never had to pull mine apart so I can't help, sorry. Anybody?

MrScott
MrScott's picture

I had mine apart a few years ago, and wrote up the process in the following thread

http://www.robocommunity.com/forum/thread/12418/Curing-a-RoboRaptor-s-Lo...?

Post some pics of what you're seeing, and some folks here might recognize what's gone wrong.

Sakura_blades
Sakura_blades's picture

It would be nice if you're thread helped me any MrScott... I had looked up that particular forum and watched your video/clip whatever a few times before I had actually gotten into my raptor and I can't say that it helped me any.
My problem now is the stripped screw in his hip, and the other one just not budging either.
Once again, those little wires are unknown to me and don't know if they do anything. Any clips or photos I've seen don't show these wires, and I'm at a loss...

He's been sitting on my "operating table" now for about a week, and just looking at him frustrates me more and more every day.

Do you atleast know what the wires in his neck go to? They're on either side of his head... Do they connect to something within in head or just hang there? x.x

MrScott
MrScott's picture

I gave this advice in the previous post. Post some pics of what you're seeing, and some folks here might recognize what's gone wrong.

Here's the pic of the cables coming out of my Raptor's neck.
I've never opened the neck, so where they go, I don't know for sure.  I do know that the IR transmitter and sensors are in the head.

Sakura_blades
Sakura_blades's picture

If I could post pictures... I would be more than happy to. However. I have no real way of doing so... All I can do, is describe what I've got going on, and hope to god that somebody knows what I'm talking about....

MrScott
MrScott's picture

No camera, or just don't know how to put them in the thread?

If the latter,

http://www.robocommunity.com/article/12722/How-To-Upload-Pictures-and-Po...

Sakura_blades
Sakura_blades's picture

No camera.. I'm not a moron I can figure out how to put pictures on a thread... -.-

Edit: I'm sorry that was uncalled for... I'm just really upset and frustrated. It's early in the week still and so far it's been awful. My apologies. I know you're just trying to help... :\

GWJax
GWJax's picture

@Sakura, Are you still looking for photos of the head and neck dis-assembly? If so I can rip mine down tomorrow and take photos of it for you. If not I will spare my raptor from the screwdriver. :)

Jax