Want to Buy Robosapien V2 Remote

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fleetingthought
Fleetingthought's picture
Want to Buy Robosapien V2 Remote

Hello!

I would be interested in visiting with anyone who has a Robosapien V2 Remote for sale, North America would be best.

Thanks!

Fleetingthought

gerber
gerber's picture

Hi Fleetingthought

If you click on the thread link below I hope this will help you find a new remote

http://www.robocommunity.com/forum/thread/18077/Robosapien-V1-remote-control/

cheers

Gerber

idrum289
idrum289's picture

That link is for a V1 remote and Fleeting thought wants a V2 remote but the ideas will be the same. :)

Fleetingthought

Thanks guys,

I've been searching for the V2 remote or the roboremote, both are very scarce.
I thought I had one purchased from the robot store, but it never arrived and I was forced to recoup my money through paypal. The search goes on.....

Fleetingthought

gerber
gerber's picture

Hi Fleetingthought

I couldn't find a roboremote anyway for sale either they must have stopped selling them. I am now using a universal TV remote which has a learn feature(It works really well) I can use it to control my RS Media, Roboreptile and Robosapien v1. This would also work as a replacement remote for your Robosapian v2 remote.

The Universal remote I am using is a Kameleon URC8040 which only cost me ?6.21 including delivery from ebay. I am sure you could use any universal remote with a learn feacture on. The reason I chose the URC8040 is cause it is has a flat touch screen meaning I can place a picture of robot on top of the controller rather than having to remember what buttons I programmed for the different functions of the robot.

The only bad new is you will need a working robosapian V2 controller to initially be able to teach the universal TV remote the command for the robot. Maybe if you know someone who also has a robosapian V2 you could borrow their robot remote to teach the your universal tv remote if you get one.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Greber

Fleetingthought

Greber,

There in lies my problem.. I've done exactly as you described for my i-cyble (don't have the original remote), I used an evaluation copy of NOVIIDELUX 4 installed on my old dell ppc with the ir code base that the gentleman at RobotsandComputers.com generated to train my HP 3715 ppc. This worked fairly well. But without the 'borrowed' remote for the V2 to do the training with, I will probably resort to building a little picaxe remote and start from scratch and write in the ir codes.

Fleetingthought

ElectronicsGenius
ElectronicsGenius's picture

I just started building Novii RSV2 and RS remotes for Mobile devices or Pocket PCs with Windows mobile running Novii Universal Remote Control app.

Based on the Roboraptor IR layout found at RobotsAndComputers.com, they work somewhat but still are in the early stages and do not yet contain the shift 1,2 and 3 layouts or macros nor have i fixed the buttons that have 2 IR codes and many functions are missing or not learned yet.

Here are the links to the latest beta versions:(i will change these file links as i update them)

(of course you must have a pocket PC or smartphone with windows mobile and Novii installed to use them)

robosapien_v2_build_0.1.zip

What i have so far for the RS Media is here:

rs_media_novii_remote_build_0.01.zip

also: if you keep clicking the green button in the Novii RSV2 remote, RSV2 will try to follow you, the green button on the Novii RS Media remote is the sleep mode.

I realize this will be a daunting task to get done but i figure if i can get all the IR codes into the remote files, other people can start making cool layouts and IR macro remotes from them. Then, any old PPC or cellphone with Novii installed on it can be an awesome RSV2 or RSMedia programmable IR remote control.

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

Hi ElectronicsGenius, any way to port the novii code to a Remotecontrol2 for ppc? I tried novii with no luck on my HTC wizard but the RC2 works awesome on it and I have the full version. So far I have some RSV2 and some RSM on it with a couple of nice layouts and want to add femisapien and robopet to it eventually so if porting is possible that would be awesome.

Freddy

ElectronicsGenius

FreddyA said: Hi ElectronicsGenius, any way to port the novii code to a Remotecontrol2 for ppc? I tried novii with no luck on my HTC wizard but the RC2 works awesome on it and I have the full version. So far I have some RSV2 and some RSM on it with a couple of nice layouts and want to add femisapien and robopet to it eventually so if porting is possible that would be awesome. Freddy

Hmm i have not tried Remotecontrol2 for PPC before and don't know anything really about porting the Novii code. i will have to check it out, Novii is all i have and this is the first time i really fooled with it this much but it seems to be working, it is able to do the buttons that have 2 IR codes (one for tap and one for hold down) i think i just have to go through and reprogram them all that way. do you know does Remotecontrol2 do those kinds of buttons?

I just started building RSV2 and RS remotes for Windows Mobile or Pocket PCs running Novii. Based on the Roboraptor IR layout found at RobotsAndComputers.com, they work somewhat but still are in the early stages but do not yet contain the shift 1,2 and 3 layouts or macros nor fixed the buttons that have 2 IR codes.

Here are the links to the latest beta versions:(i will change these file links as i update them)

(of course you must have a pocket PC or smartphone with windows mobile and Novii installed to use them)

http://www.electronicsgenius.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/robosapien_v2_build_0.1.zip

What i have so far for the RS Media is here:

http://www.electronicsgenius.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/rs_media_novii_remote_build_0.01.zip

also: if you keep clicking the green button in the Novii RSV2 remote, RSV2 will try to follow you, the green button on the Novii RS Media remote is the sleep mode.

I realize this will be a daunting task to get done but i figure if i can get all the IR codes into the remote files, other people can start making cool layouts and IR macro remotes from them. Then, any old PPC or cellphone can be an awesome RSV2 or RSMedia programmable macro remote. i am currently working on a macro button that will run Helibots alarm clock, set the time, change to media mode, play music or video etc. all with one button. There are many other IR macros i can think of for the RS Media.

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

Hi ElectronicsGenius, yeah with the RC2 you can hold the button for continuous (like the green target on the RSV2 remote) or tap and program one button for two ir codes like you explain.

Freddy

ElectronicsGenius

What i would really like is one that has a timer function. this would be a quick and dirty way to make the bots stay awake among other things.

Right now, i use the Alarm clock app for that and to run random bodycons like the RSV2 does instead of going into sleep mode. I made a dir with single head movement bodycons in it and it randomly pics one from time to time and keeps the bot awake while playing mp3s. He looks around from time to time without moving anything accept his head. His arms and eveything else stay where i put them.

action_rnd = USRBC:/mnt/sd/dirintheroot

but you can put any bodycons you like in the dirintheroot folder and it will act almost like a V2. the difference is... he doesnt start looking around and tracking things again after each bodycon, he just stares where he was last until the next random bodycon action. i need a bodycon that puts him back into control mode.

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

I do the same with action_rnd = NOCMD:/mnt/sd/Random with some custom bodycons, txt files for flite, mp3s, wavs, videos and macros. try a track human for 15 macro recurring every 60s I have changed the tracking human default mp3 to a radar sound haha. I set the alarm clock to start with the rsupdate at boot and a first alarm jan 1 1970 12:01am with a flite text file "please sync the time to activate scheduled task and alarms accurately." and a second alarm with recurrences. keeps the bot randomly animated forever with some interesting combinations. Staying on thread subject, I also want a original RSV2 remote but with the target button. I've got my HTC doing the job for now.

Freddy

robo crap
robo crap's picture

hello,  I have one.....are you still looking for one..