RS Media Manager BETA Sneak Peek! LOOK

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
FreddyA
FreddyA's picture
RS Media Manager BETA Sneak Peek! LOOK

Hello all, for ages I wondered how awesome it would be to control rsm from the pc. Then great things started to happen like USB console and well, the story is still to be told as we see some great software appearing recently with grand promises. I still use Santa Matts RSMediaEditor regularly to do my scripts along with having to admit using the wowwee suite but only for making macros, I like the macro layout but thats IT!. And theres Gerber, he put out RSM Control Center, a visual UI that looks promising.  A few months back we also got a glimpse of the future with Vaders release of the RSM Remote, a great program that did just that, control plus some added bonuses like TTS.  Now take a step back and imagine a full featured program that connects all the RSMs out in the world and live two way 3d video and sensors that make you feel the moment.  It's not happening (yet) but lucky for me, I've been able to beta the greatness of what is to come so I made a video to share with all, a sneak peek of what lay ahead for us. It's long so get some popcorn.

Enjoy.

Freddy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK5PGuoQcJo 

idrum289
idrum289's picture

That is awesome! I'll pluck up the courage to try that one day.

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

Hi idrum289, do you have a RSM? Honestly, the only things you need to gather courage for is doing the serial hack and if you need to upgrade the firmware, the rest is nothing to worry about. The accessories to do it are not expensive and the RSM definitely deserves them. The RSMM by Vader puts you in the pilot seat and although you can use it vie the usb cable, its best appreciated wirelessly in my opinion.

Freddy

idrum289
idrum289's picture

I'll deifnitely have to look at it seriously and just do it. :)
My RS Media last got use as an MP3 player a few months back at work.

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

I'm sure there are hundreds if not thousands of these awesome units sitting around the world unused. I wish I could somehow get the information on how many were manufactured. The RSM model is full of possibilities and has a long way before being used to its full potential. Not including the serial connection from factory was a huge mistake that held back development. And so many bots were placed as decoration and used for cool looking MP3 players. And when people get tired of buying expensive batteries that only last a day they sit unused getting damaged by corrosion.

Lucky that the RS Media Manager by Vader can give new life to all RSMs and with the right hacks and mods any RSM can be alive 24/7 doing what it does best, bringing joy.

ali_g12
ali_g12's picture

Is this available yet? I can't find it in the downloads section.

Vader
Vader's picture

ali_g12 said: Is this available yet? I can't find it in the downloads section.

No, but there is a remote only version of it named RSMRemote in there. The build in the video is of alpha quality and is generally quite unstable and unfinished.

ali_g12
ali_g12's picture

Thanks for the update. Hope to see some progress soon - RS Media Manager was one of the reasons I bought my RS Media!