Robosapien V1 remote control

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
livin
livin's picture
Robosapien V1 remote control

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can buy a robosapien V1 remote control on its own.  I've tried ebay but to no avail?  Son's remote broke, OH took apart and tried to fix it but couldn't, son is desperate to use his robot again.  Any advice would be appreciated. 

Alternatively, if anyone has a spare that they would be willing to part with, I'm based in Scotland and happy to pay postage costs and reasonable price for remote.

Thanks

gerber
gerber's picture

Hi Livin

Yes that is a pain when the controller breaks. I doubt you will be able to get a replacement control for you sons robot even though sometime sold on ebay on there own.

The good news is you can get a sort of replacement controller called a "Roboremote" this can be used to control almost all of the Wowwee robots. (I have never used one but I know others on the forum have)

Below is a link to the instructions for this Roboremote.

http://www.robotsandcomputers.com/robots/manuals/RoboRemote.pdf

Below is a couple of links to where you can buy one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CQLGN6/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001CQLGN6&linkCode=as2&tag=magenium-robo-20

http://www.buy.com/prod/wowwee-roboremote/q/loc/20269/208298952.html

Now for the bad news. You will have noticed the above links seem to be sold out at the moment, but if you check these or search on ebay you maybe lucky and be able to get one.

The other alternative is to buy a second hand Robosapien from ebay. I bought one for about £20 including delivery about 2 months ago and I expect if you were to buy a ROBOREMOTE it would probably cost more than that.

If you do decide to buy another Robosapien  then it may be better to wait until after christmas as they are start to increase in price on ebay  due to the run up to christmas.

Hope this is of help to you

cheers

Gerber

gerber
gerber's picture

Hi Livin

I had another thought about a replacement control for your broken remote.

I had this idea the other day which I am going to try so I can use one controller to control all the robots I have.

Basiclly what the you should be able to use to control the robot is a universal TV controller which has a learn function on it. My dad has an old TV remote with this function he is going to lend me. I am going to try to teach the commands from the Robosapien V1 on the Universal TV controller. I looked on ebay a few weeks ago and the universal controller with the learn function where going for about ?10 2nd hand. It's worth a try.

I will let you now how I get on but I think this is absolute be possible.

cheers
Gerber

livin
livin's picture

Thanks for your reply, I'll keep an eye out on the websites for the roboremote and i'll be interested to hear how you get on with the TV remote. If you manage it, its probably something my husband could do as he's a bit of a techy.

gerber
gerber's picture

Hi Livin

Good news is I got all my robots to work from the one universal controller.

The model I am using is a Kameleon URC8040

It was very easy to setup. 

Below is a link to the manual for the control

http://www.rockabilly.net/files/manuals/URC-8040.pdf

I just bought 2 of these 2nd hand universal remote on ebay. 1 was £6.20 including delivery and the other was £8.20 including delivery.

Below is a link to the same control I have bought on ebay

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=urc8040&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Below is a link to the next model control up with will also work:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=urc8060&_sacat=0&_dmpt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_Video_RemoteControls&_odkw=urc8040&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

The only bad new is you will need a working robot control to use to teach the universal controller.

Hope this helps

cheers

Gerber

kevinf
kevinf's picture

Do other models of this URC work fine? Seems to be in short supply, and I now have a remote-less robosapien v1.
thanks

gerber
gerber's picture

Hi Kevinf

Yeah I have bought a URC8060 which also works well. Basically you should be able to use any universal controller that has a learn feature on it.

Cheers
Gerber

nomad
nomad's picture

look on www.therobotstore.com all original remote from wowwee,also parts.

you can by a hole v2 for 50 dollars.YEAH

nomad
nomad's picture

HELLO ROBOFREAKS LIKE ME.DOES ANYONE NOW WHAT PARTS I NEED TO SPEEK AND CONTROL,
MY V2 TRUE MY COMPUTER AND WHERE TO BY.LOOK ON YOUTUBE FOR THE CLIP,
COILOSAPIEN COIL GUN.HE SHOOTS GLAS AND SO.ALSO AM LOOKING FOR THE .
ROBOSAPIEN V2 FIRST GENERATION.THANK YOU

OmnibotMan
OmnibotMan's picture

hey Ive got a perfect cond. robosapien V1 remote for sale. make an offer.

Jperezjr
Jperezjr's picture

Omnibotman how much are you willing to take for the remote.

Jens
Jens's picture

Just to let you know that you can buy a replacement remote for the robosapien directly from the manufacturer 'Character Options'. It costs £9.99 which includes postage. Their address is

Character Options ltd
Leesbrooke mill
Lees road
Oldham
OL4 5JL

Jperezjr
Jperezjr's picture

Thank you Jens

lego
lego's picture

I relly need a robosapion remote my one went missing 2 years ago my dad got me it and when he died he never found it so i extremly need one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jperezjr
Jperezjr's picture

lego, I emailed the company and this is the information they sent me saying they do have remotes available along with the price.
Dear Mr Perez,

Thank you for your email.

A replacement Robosapien Remote is available to purchase through us, they cost £9.99 each plus £5.00 shipping costs to the USA.

You can order the above via credit or debit card by ringing us on 0161 633 9808 (Mon-Fri: 9-5), or alternatively you can send a cheque made payable to "Character Options Ltd" to:

Customer Services Dept.,
Character Options Ltd,
Lees Brook Mill,
Lees Road,
Lees,
Oldham,
OL4 5JL

We hope this information is of some use to you.

Regards,

Gemma Morris
Customer Service Advisor
gemmam@charactergroup.plc.uk
Think before you print - only print this e-mail if absolutely necessary

Bradsrobot4mykid
Bradsrobot4mykid's picture

Hey robo People. I just purchased a robosapien used as a flee market for 5 bucks. Threw some battery in it and it seems to work good. It does its little dance and says ouch and yada yada. It didnt come with a remote. I would like to use a Universal like Gerber spoke of or purchase the original. Just point me in the right direction. the links posted were sold out or 0 availible. I just want to make sure i get the right one.

gerber
gerber's picture

Hi Bradsrobot4mykid

Your 3year old will love the robot. Shame it didn't come with a remote. If you keep an eye on ebay every so often a robosapien remote appears for sale.

Any universal remote will work as long as it has a learn function on it. Here is a link to one I found which is similar to the one I have.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOUCH-SCREEN-Universal-REMOTE-Control-8-1-BLAC...

Just one thing to note you will need to borrow a Robosapien remote from some in order to be able to teach the universal remote the commands.

There is another altenative I think the software called Robodance can control the Robosaphien from a computer but you will need to buy a USB infrared transmit which I think cost about £50. Here is a link to Robodance http://www.robodance.com/supported-robots.php

Hope this helps
Gerber

Bradsrobot4mykid

Ok thanks gerber. I dont know anyone with a wowwee remote but ill keep a eye on ebay. I also contacted wowwee to see if they would get me one... meanwhile i need to upgrade these thing to fight in the robot wars!

gerber
gerber's picture

Unfortunately Wowwee don't make the Robosapian anymore and they don't stock any spare parts for the robots.

you could also try the address below which was posted by Jperezjr above:

A replacement Robosapien Remote is available to purchase through us, they cost £9.99 each plus £5.00 shipping costs to the USA.

You can order the above via credit or debit card by ringing us on 0161 633 9808 (Mon-Fri: 9-5), or alternatively you can send a cheque made payable to "Character Options Ltd" to:

Customer Services Dept.,
Character Options Ltd,
Lees Brook Mill,
Lees Road,
Lees,
Oldham,
OL4 5JL

Bradsrobot4mykid

yeah i cant seem to get that number to work maybe my phone wont allow international calls. It transfers me to sprint customer support. But i dont have sprint lol

josheppaul
josheppaul's picture

First of all I want to tell you here is a very good discussion going on. I am totally agree with Gerber, the links you have provided here are very useful.

jmoody
jmoody's picture

I found four or five remotes on e-bay today. Range from approx 25-50 dollars I think....Good luck. We have missed place the remote and I am tearing my house apart. I have an upset 4 yr old who wants his robot. LOL

jmoody
jmoody's picture

I found some on e-bay today prices varied. I have misplaced ours and my four yr old is upset so I have also been looking for one until ours is found. Good Luck