Santa exists. It's True and I have proof!!!

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
gerber
gerber's picture
Santa exists. It's True and I have proof!!!

Hi all

I have 2 bits of news.

The first is truely unbelievably amazing. Over the last couple of evening myself and my wife have been hearing strange noises coming from the attic. 
Every time I went up to investigate I didn't find anything. After acouple of nights of not find anthing untoward in the attic I desided to fit a hidden camera. Guess who I 
caught on camera in my.below is the photo I captured 

Yes it's SANTA. I know what you thinking, "Gerber, This photo is fake and all you've done is dressed an RS media in a santa suit and put a red nose on one of his daughters 
teddies to make it look like a reindeer". Now let me lay this lie to rest, there is no way I would go to all that effort just to take a photo, that a bit far fetched, and the 
outher thing is I'm not sad enough at the age of nearly 40 to pinch one of my daughters teddies and dress up a robot as santa, am I now? This only leaves 2 theoretical 
conculsions. The first being this is a truely authentic picture of Santa and second being that santa is a really an RS Media. Your next question may be "why is santa in 
gerbers attic?" Well the answer to that is a mystery, but I have come up with a cunning plan. I am going to leave my christmas list in the attic and hide video recorder to see 
if I can catch santa on video. If I do catch santa on video I will post the video here. 

The other bit of news is I have nearly finished the personality generator for the RS media. I am doing some final debugging to it and a bit tweaking. It's taken me alot long to complete than I first thought as I had to overcome a few hurdle.  I have intergrated the software it into the RS media control station. When I release the next version of the RS media control station will have the following feactures:

1) It will allow you to move the you robot and send commands to it as you were able to do in previous versions

2) Create personalities for the robot using text to speech  and adding sound effects to the voices such as eccho, pitch, speed, chorus and reverse speech.

3) I have added basic web browser to the software so you can go directly to robot related website or if you wish you can surf the net with it.

4) I have added access to the help manual from within the software

I'll keep you posted on when the software will be ready but I am hoping to have it done before christmas. below are afew screen shots of what it will sort of look like.

Robot Movement screenHelp screen

Merry Christmas
Gerber

(P.s. If anyone else thinks they may have see's robot santa out and about please post some picture/videos of him and let us know where you saw him)

MrScott
MrScott's picture

RoboSanta does exist.

Oh, yes, he does.

Sunbeamowner
Sunbeamowner's picture

I saw him a couple of years ago .........

gerber
gerber's picture

Hi all

mrscott - I think that's a actually a picture of santa's evil twinSmile (He looks abit angry and under fed. You better leave some more cookies and mince pies out for him).

Sunbeamowner - Thats amazing, I can't believe that someone else has actually been able to caught santa on video. Hopefully if I'm lucky enough I will catch him sneaking around in my attic.

Cheers
Gerber

Jamie
Jamie's picture

Hello All,

I totally believe you. I caught Santa in my bedroom last night... sleepwalking!!! I set up a cam to see, on the floor, and got some good footage. (This camera is special as it can move around ;)

http://computersnmore.dyndns.org/christmas_rsm.swf

Cheers,

Jamie Kugelmann

gerber
gerber's picture

Hi all

Guess what I didn't catch santa on video. But he sent me an video message below.

I can't believe it. I'm really excited he's going to bring me a really big presentMoney mouth.Yipee!Smile I hope it's a Isobot or Bioloid, can't wait to see what he brings me.

I will let you know what he brings me.

Merry Christmas
gerber

(P.S. santa I can't remember leave chocolate raise on the floor, I think the mice might have left them there)

Sunbeamowner
Sunbeamowner's picture

Well done gerber and a very merry christmas to you and you family (including your human family too).

Robostuff
Robostuff's picture

Agreed, well done Gerber and great holiday wishes!

gerber
gerber's picture

Hi all and a very merry Christmas

I have some very disturbing news. Robo Santa is not as nice as I first thoughtSurprised Why you may ask yourself? Well I’ll tell you. Basically about 2 or 3 weeks ago I was kidnapped by Robo Santa in the middle of the night and was made to work on the "RS Media Control Station" until it was completed. I was kept in the most terrible conditions in a dungeon at the north pole. All I was given to eat was fresh food made by Rudolf which was steaming hot chocolate cake and lemon sorbet. Ok, you might be thinking to yourself "Gerber,  that sound great. What the hell am I complaining about?". Well let me tell you, I don’t want to be rude but Rudolf isn’t a very good cook as the a chocolate cake had straw in it and it had a very pungent earthy taste, the lemon sorbet was just snow with some sort or ammonia smelling colouring. Anyway it kept me alive for the past month.

Last night when Robo Santa was a sleep I escaped and made my way home (I have brushed my teeth almost 20 times since my escape from the north pole, but can’t get the rancid taste of chocolate cake and lemon Sobet from my mouth.) While I was held captive by Robo Santa he made me make an intro video for the software so he could take all the credit.

Anyway I am back home now and I the good news is while at the north pole I actually finish the software and I manage to take it with me when I escape which I have now been able to upload to the forum for you all.

Below is the link to download the software.

http://www.robocommunity.com/download/18033/RS-Media-Control-Station/;jsessionid=52306E7B13759549FA0B29B518F5121F

(P.S. Oh yes Robo Santa, if you are wondering why Rudolf is walking a bit strange and has a very high voice I tell you, those over sized hazel nut you devoured the other night weren’t hazel nuts they were a special present I took from Rudolf by force before I escaped from you, oh yes and another thing your Elves didn’t make the software I DID!Yell)

Anyway hope you all have a great Christmas and please please please if anyone see the real Santa,not the imposter Robo Santa,  can you please let him know what has happened to me and ask him to put some serious therapy in my stock to get over my ordeal of the last few weeks.

Cheers

Gerber

Santa Matt
Santa Matt's picture

They do say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Ho ho ho!

Santa Matt

gerber
gerber's picture

hi Santa Matt

Are you the really santa and not that imposter called robo santa that locked me in your workshop until christmas eve to make me finish my software. If so you thank you for all the christmas present you left me and hopefully some time soon I will be able to release the next version on the my software. I Still got loads to do before the next release of the software is ready, but as I've recently upgraded 1 of my RSM's to V2 firmare I can now control it a lot better over my home network and with being able to do this I been able to think up lot mean more new idea and posisblities which I intend to add to the software.

Cheers
Gerber.
(P.S. Oh yes Santa Matt if you are the really santa can I put in an early request  for next year christmas present ,Please assassinate robo santa as I have slept well in fear of being kidnapped again since my return from the slave labour Robo Santa made me do!)

Santa Matt
Santa Matt's picture

I am the real Santa, see http://santa-matt.info/  Also, I don't do the whole killing thing as I am the personification of universal love. But I do have elves that take care of people that infringe on my copyrighted image. And in case you are wondering, you are on the nice list for the great work you have done on RS Media Control Station.

Santa Matt

gerber
gerber's picture

Thank you Santa Matt. I was just thinking may be killing is going a bit too far. Maybe you could remove Robo Santas batteries and I will once again sleep peacefully.

Cheers
Gerber

Santa Matt
Santa Matt's picture

Perhaps we could just insert a macro? Maybe something like Personality = Not Naughty? Set Nice = True?

gerber
gerber's picture

Dear Santa

Ok maybe I suppose the humanitarion approach may work hopefully as long as robo santa is not ready these posts. If he is reading these posts then he'll be expecting it and will probably be prepared, so when you elves implant the nice personality macro make sure they do it when he's a sleep or while he's changing his batteries..... Oops, damm! if Robo santa is reading this post he will be expecting that.

yours chismasy (even though it is the beginning of February)
Gerber