Where to buy Rovio Headlight?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lobster
Lobster's picture
Where to buy Rovio Headlight?

I just got a Rovio for Christmas and would like to add a headlight. Wowwee says it is discontinued (along with the Rovio apparently?!). I've already checked eBay but haven't seen any. Does anyone know here to purchase one? Thanks in advance!

Rob

Old_tex
Old_tex's picture

My solution to the "Headlight Problem" was to purchase an LED assembly from "CreativeEos," a Chinese Company on EBay. The unit uses one AA battery. It is a motion detector to turn on and off. The price was $6.89 with shipping. I installed it in front of the speaker and it looks "built-in." I used a short piece of plastic (and old credit card) and double backed tape that came with the unit to install it on ROVIO. I have some pictures and tried to upload them, but couldn't figure out how.

The description on EBay is: Auto Wireless PIR Door Keyhole IR Sensor LED Light New

Old_tex

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Old_tex said:  I have some pictures and tried to upload them, but couldn't figure out how.  

Old_tex read this thread on uploading photos in RoboCommunity by MrScott this should help you with posting your photos of your hack for adding lights to the Rovio.

Click HERE for the orginal thread that was started or click HERE for the full article on photo and video inserts for RoboCommunity also by MrScott

Jax

Old_tex
Old_tex's picture

Here, the headlight is on.

Headlight Off

I used double-sided tape and a 4 cm wide piece of plastic to fasten the lamp to ROVIO.

The light assembly looks pretty good.

Old_tex

Old_tex
Old_tex's picture

Here, the headlight is on.

Headlight Off

I used double-sided tape and a 4 cm wide piece of plastic to fasten the lamp to ROVIO.

The light assembly looks pretty good.

Old_tex

GWJax
GWJax's picture

Nice work Old_tex. I like this little mod better than the original head light. The only thing I would change would be to paint the white part of the headlamp to black so it does not stand out as bad..

Jax

Monty Ross
Monty Ross's picture

I also purchased a headlight but It's not so happening as I wanted. So can anyone suggest me some more new and good one's so that I can buy It.