robosapien left hand problem

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
wirelesspuppet
wirelesspuppet's picture
robosapien left hand problem

My robosapien has developed a problem with his left hand. When I send an arm out command the arm turns out as normal opening the hand via the cam but then it retuns slowly on its own. is this a problem with the motor,driver or is there likely to be another cause. Thanks

wirelesspuppet
wirelesspuppet's picture

Hi
Thanks for the reply. I may try that although I am not sure why cleaning it would stop it from creaping shut on its own ,is the intention to clean the electrical circuitry ?. When I first bought the robosapien V1 the arms turned out when signaled from the remote and stayed in position untill the robot recieved a signal from the remote to turn back in. I suspect that I have damaged something when playing or when I opened his chest to add an on/off switch in the speaker circuit. I would like to know why the hand is shutting on its own although I must admit that it can be quite usefull and quirky.

nomad
nomad's picture

i have thesame problem with two of mine v2 and i open the chest.,
follow the whire from the arm and you com to a green plaat.
clean with contact spry and let dry for 30 min,it works like new.
also see or there any screws or bolt are loose or a whire trapt.
most of al take your time to get a good look.at everthing.
goodluck

wirelesspuppet
wirelesspuppet's picture

Hi
Thankyou for the answer, I may try that when I get chance. I have got used to it now and it seems to be settling back down so maybe there was a bit of damp on the pcb.

nomad
nomad's picture

SPRAY ON IT GOOD AND LET GOOD DRY.ALL THE GREASE AND FAT WIL GO AWAY.
THE BIG ISSUE IS THAT ANY CONECTION NEVER SEEMS TO CONECT GOOD,IF YOU TAKE,
A PICTURES FROM CONECTIONS YOUL SEE THEY HARDLY TOUCH.SO YOU NEED ALSO,
SPRAY ON THE CONECTIONS.TAKE IT APPART SPRAY IN AND OUT,LET IT DRY AND THEN,
PUT IT BACK IN.THANKS FOR ASKING.GOODLUCK