Using rovio to remote control the other bots

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
yd
yd's picture
Using rovio to remote control the other bots

Hallo Everyone,

i got my rovio today, just about 10 minutes ago delivered by amazon. I am really excited. Here is my plan. I would like to use the rovio
as a master of swarm intelligence bot to control the other robots(for example i-sobot).

Did some of you plan to do the same thing? oder did you succeed to manage it? Can i use the infrared sensors in rovio to send command to the other bots, or do i need to hack rovio to make a infrared transmitter?

i would be very happy to get same support form you before my start.

JD

cowboyctx
cowboyctx's picture

Here are the laws about robots.

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey any orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
4. A robot can not control other robot(s). This prevents conflict of the First, Second and Third laws.

I think there are more laws I just can't remember them right now.

yd
yd's picture

cowboyctx said: Here are the laws about robots. 1... 4. A robot can not control other robot(s). This prevents conflict of the First, Second and Third laws. ...

Hallo Cowboyctx,

it is turely an ethical discussion. I am sure the robots in the robots laws are the autonomous robots. I did think about my idea for a long time. I didn't find any conflicts with the robots laws, because neither rovio nor the other bots (i-sobot, wowwee bots) are autonomous robots.  It is just like you build a drone spaceship, and the ship should also control the drones. Since rovio don't have arms, it can be fun to let him command the other none autonomous bots.

cowboyctx
cowboyctx's picture

You have a valid point. I just hope the world does not end if you complete your project. It can be dangerous when you let machines control other machines. This could be the beginning of Skynet.