Community Poll: What's your skill level with robotics/electronics?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture
Community Poll: What's your skill level with robotics/electronics?
ElectronicsGenius
ElectronicsGenius's picture

why is there no choice for "I am a robot/electronics "
sounds like robot discrimination.. just sayin:P

Lightworker
Lightworker's picture

Seemslike my old Robosapien II has low brain battery problems, and I have looked at the head module as it appears to have some spcialized screws holding the headcover on. Hmmm.............the grand kids did a good battery change, but no movements of arms or legs, etc., it only said, "Low Brain Battery". I took off the battery covers on the feet and these new batteries were hotter than a Saturday Night Special. Okay, it has been sitting in a bedroom closet for over three years with no activation, but the old batteries were clean and no corrosion seen on the contacts. This unit was sold from Sharper Image around a Christmas of 2004/5? Any suggestins as to why the new batteries shorted out became hot? Thanks. Lightworker

TehRSV2
TehRSV2's picture

Lightworker said: Seemslike my old Robosapien II has low brain battery problems, and I have looked at the head module as it appears to have some spcialized screws holding the headcover on. Hmmm.............the grand kids did a good battery change, but no movements of arms or legs, etc., it only said, "Low Brain Battery". I took off the battery covers on the feet and these new batteries were hotter than a Saturday Night Special. Okay, it has been sitting in a bedroom closet for over three years with no activation, but the old batteries were clean and no corrosion seen on the contacts. This unit was sold from Sharper Image around a Christmas of 2004/5? Any suggestins as to why the new batteries shorted out became hot? Thanks. Lightworker

Dude that isn't relevant to the post. Put this somewhere else. Also the problem is the wires. Dissassemble the robots chest, back and legs. That's where the wires are.

sparten
sparten's picture

here is my latest project check it out and please register and vote for me to win..

http://www.instructables.com/id/6-AXIS-ROBOTIC-ARM/

thanks
warren

Luoqianpeng
Luoqianpeng's picture

Hi, i came from China, i have a rovio, i love it, i can write c code to control my rovio, but can't deal voice and complex video, but i know some knowdge, for exapmle, use matlab to deal.