I am new to this forum and indeed the world of robotics. I teach elementary children IT and we started to get into computer programming. I decided to extend some of the more able kids into robotics, and a very kind person donated a RS Media. It came just as the robot and remote control. We all had fun with the robot, but I wanted them to develop program sequences, so I downloaded the editing suite, put the RS Media into USB mode and plugged him into my computer.
That was when things started going wrong. At first it did not recognise the robot, but then it wouldn’t stop recognising it – hundreds of ‘open file to browse folders’ messages gradually appeared on my screen. In the end I disconnected RS Media, but he has never been the same. Now he only has RS Media personality (instead of 4). Also, he only has control and arm mode. I can’t go into media mode to turn of USB mode. Also, once in Arm mode he can only revert to control mode if he is turned off then on again.
- The computer I plugged into was running Windows 7 Pro
- I have also since tried plugging into a computer running Windows XP pro. Computer can’t recognise the RS Media’s drive.
- I installed RS Media Editing Suite 2.4.2.
What I have tried:
- Uploading the missing personalities, but I can never access the RS Media’s memory. It some times recognises that there is a device, but asks for a disk to be inserted.
- Holding the stop button for 3 seconds - no difference.
- Putting personalities on SD drive and restarting RS Media – no difference
What I would like to do is somehow restore the RS Media back to what he was when I received him.
After that I would like to be able to plug him into the editing suite so that the kids can formulate macros etc and upload them.
Can anybody help?
Thanks in advance.