RS Media on Bluetooth

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
Curtainmaker
Curtainmaker's picture
RS Media on Bluetooth

Hi Guys.

This is my RS Media running on Bluetooth and on Gerbers new Sample Program, and it works great.  The RSM is on the floor on batteries. 

This video now has sound - sorry

Regards Curtainmaker

Curtainmaker
Curtainmaker's picture

Hi Guys

this is another shot but we have him taking his first steps.

Thanks Gerber. I am still trying to operate him on TCP instead of COM. 

I cannot get any network to work on Bluetooth, so this is my next issue I would like to solve.

Regards Curtainmaker

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

Totally Awesome. not many have this level of control. Good job with moving forward with getting a tcp connection.
Freddy

Curtainmaker
Curtainmaker's picture

Hi Freddy
Thanks, but just a correction to my comment.
"I am still trying to operate him on TCP instead of COM."
He at the moment working through Bluetooth Com Port, I have been trying to setup a TCP setup but at this stage I cannot get a bluetooth network to work. I'm Running XP and this will not find a Bluetooth connection in networking.

Regards Curtainmaker

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

Hi Curtainmaker, there wont be any bluetooth connection. You will have to make a modem and an incomming connection as well as some changes to rsupdate to get tcp/ip going. Do a search for ppp as it was first accomplished in xp
heres helibots step by step http://www.robocommunity.com/forum/thread/17709/Networking-over-serial-w...

gerber
gerber's picture

Hi Curtainmaker

Glad you like the software. Great videos.

Hopefully you will be able to get the TCP connection working on your robot soon. I never did it in Windows XP but with a lot of help from Freddy got it working in Windows 7 and that is the main communication type I use with the robot currently.

Stick at it and keep trying to get the TCP connection working as it is totally worth the effort and you will have more features available to you on the software using it. If you use the SD card image I sent you that already has the files set up for the TCP connection.

I spent last night mainly trying to solve a problem I caused when compiling and the software wouldnt install on Freddys machine. That is now sorted and I can now move to the next stage which is to try and solve the formatting issues Helibot is finding when running the software on windows XP Home and adding the Robot communication check and other thing.

Freddy@ I liked the Alarm clock idea you came up with last night Freddy. I was thinking about this and I will definitely be adding it to the software probably not in V4 release of the software but hopefully on V5 of the software.

Thank you Helibot, Curtainmaker and Freddy for doing the beta testing for me so far. There will be lots more testing to come and if you find any more bugs let me now so I can sort them out.

I ahould have an updated version of the software for you to tried next week with more features enabled and the serial comport issues you and Helibot have been seeing will also be hopefully fixed in it.

Cheers
Gerber

Curtainmaker
Curtainmaker's picture

Hi Guys
well i have been trying to get a TCP setup on the bluetooth for over a week now, but i feel i'm a bit closer but still not there yet. I still have the RED X over the bluetooth Network Connection in network connections, but I do get the client connection showing but is is disconnected. Tried various dial up routines but all fail to connect.
Whats Next
Regards Curtainmaker

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

Curtainmaker, have you programed the baud rate on the bluetooth radio to 115200?
http://www.robocommunity.com/forum/thread/17709/Networking-over-serial-w...

Curtainmaker
Curtainmaker's picture

Hi Freddy

Yes it is default 115200 and also I set it up for DUN in the cmd.
it works ok thru the com port but not network

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

Can you see the ppp connection request activity in a console when you connect through com port?

Curtainmaker
Curtainmaker's picture

Hi Freddy

no I can't, the x on the bluetooth connection is there even with the rsm off.

this is on XP professional too

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

You must use the rsupdateapp to start ppp on the robot, and also you need to make a modem with the com port, then set up a new Incoming Connection in the network adapters and the ip settings in the new IC properties on the pc. here is the files and instructions for xp by helibot. http://sourceforge.net/projects/rsmediadevkit/files/RSMNetworkingSerial/...

Curtainmaker
Curtainmaker's picture

Hi freedy
yes I have followed that link and setup modem connections as per the different threads in that link, 2 or 3 times and tried different things in the settings also, but no luck.
the settings from gerber are for windows 7 and xp is slightly different in the links to setup a dialup modem incoming network. that is why i have tried various settings.
In saying that I have got further that when I first tried it.
I also had to install the telephon.ini file as it wasn't in the computer.
I will try and list what steps I have done to date tonight

Regards Curtainmaker

Curtainmaker
Curtainmaker's picture

Hi Guys, 

well I have finally got my RS Media working through Bluetooth on a TCP Setting.  With great help and support from FreedyA - (he setup my Network setting for me on XP) and now it all works.

Video as attached

So I am back on track.

Thanks FreddyA

Curtainmaker

gerber
gerber's picture

Well done.

I should be able to send you another beta version of the software to try next week.

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

Yes well done. You are one of the few. New exciting things in store for our rsms

Curtainmaker
Curtainmaker's picture

Hi Guys, also i have been using a program called Lynx Term to check my bluetooth connection.

Thanks for the comments
Curtainmaker

gerber
gerber's picture

Hi Curtainmaker

I did a quick search for Lynx Term on google and couldn't find it. Do you have the weblink.

Cheers
Gerber

Curtainmaker
Curtainmaker's picture

Hi Gerber
here is the web address
http://www.lynxmotion.com/p-567-free-download-lynxterm.aspx

Curtainmaker

gerber
gerber's picture

Thanks for the link