Which alternative robot with the features of Spykee and Rovio

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aloha
Aloha's picture
Which alternative robot with the features of Spykee and Rovio

Hello,

I am interested in robotics and would like to purchase a robot that offers the features of Spykee and Rovio. Spykee looks like a toy for children and also rather weak regarding its architectrure.

Yesterday I read about Rovio and was very excited about it...until I read all the negative comments at Amazon where I wanted to purchase it.

2 questions: - these many negative critics are they justified?

- do You know another robot offering the same features but more     reliable?

Regards

Aloha

gerber
gerber's picture

What type of features do you want on the robot inparticular? If you would like to control the robot over the internet like you can with the Rovio I am current working software to control RS media also work remotely over the internet. The software I am working on should be ready for release to the forum by the end of October. The RS media is a great robot for development work and has load of extra features such as speech, Media recording and playback, Java games,etc. One of the members of this forum is currently looking to add artificial intelligence to the robot aswell.

Cheers
Gerber

Aloha
Aloha's picture

Hi "gerber",

great thanks for Your response.

Does that mean that the problems are rather on the software side and that they can be resoilved by performant soft?

Can You recommend to buy it?

I read somewhere that Rovio is no more produced nor supèported by Wowwee. Is that correct?

By "RS Media" You mean the Robosapien?

Aloha

gerber
gerber's picture

- Does that mean that the problems are rather on the software side and that they can be resoilved by performant soft?

Sorry I donÂ’t have a Rovio so I am not sure if the problems can be solved. I know people are still developing software for the robot such as Robodance.

I think most of the Wowwee robots have been discountinued unfortunately. The only place mainly you can buy Wowee robots from is Ebay.

-By "RS Media" You mean the Robosapien?

No I mean the RS media. The Robosapien was the original robot then came the Robosapien V2 and then came the RS media.

I can definitely recommend buying a RS media as there is so much that can be done with them.

Aloha
Aloha's picture

Ok

Thank You

Does anyone else have information about that theme or experience with the robot?

Aloha
Aloha's picture

No? Nobody has an idea?