RSMPICT by helibot

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
FreddyA
FreddyA's picture
RSMPICT by helibot

I have tried to reply to the original post but the forum is really messed up and nothing gets posted.

Helibot, this is awesome! I used screenshot and video record to capture a lcd image with a camera view. NOW with this new program I can send a real huge picture 640 x 480 to the web folder and view it instantly on the web browser, no wires!!! very cool

Freddy

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

Helibot, use this rsmpict application everyday from the web server. Any chance we can do the same with video to custom name the file and location? I'd like to try to ftp it down from the robot and upload to web now that theres skype control via rsmcsv4 by gerber. Any chance to get a RSMVID app??

Helibot
Helibot's picture

Hi Freddy,
Yes there is a slim chance I can do a rsmvid app, but video is a lot harder than the pictures. I started investigating about video just after I did rsm pict, but got a bit stuck and I had todo some other things (including reloading my development machine to Win7...so I cant do anything right now :-(). But I hope to get back to it this weekend.
Actually I am aiming to understand enough to be able to start the camera then collect the video dta and actually stream it to serial/ppp networking!!! But its very unlikely i can acheive that :-( So next best will be to create a rsmvid application that can start video and then get it saved to a known file somewhere.
Cheers
Helibot

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

Hey Helibot, good to know you are on the case. Hope you will be up and running soon. I'm excited about you attempting to stream video data over serial/ppp, I really hope that works out. I'm sending positive vibes to you! So far the RSMPICT has been amazing to have too.