Robosapein V2 Waist Clicks Loud Help

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
nukerocks
nukerocks's picture
Robosapein V2 Waist Clicks Loud Help

Hi everybody im new to the robo world i recently got my v2 robosapien and within 5 minuets of playing i noticed serious problems after reading about it here i realised i had to open him to find all his wires were bare and crumbled. I have completely rewired all the bad wires and everythings going great except this

loud clicking noise when i turn his waist to the left it seems to hit the limit and trys to keep on going. click click click, its fine when i turn his body to the right.

Ive been looking around to try and find the wiring for this switch or even the switch its self, if anybody has some ideas i would like to hear as this is the only thing stopping me from putting him back together. Cheers

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

Hello nukerocks, there probably a pot inside the torso. Start with checking for bad connection to those wires. Good work on fixing your Robot.
Freddy

nukerocks
nukerocks's picture

Hi FreddyA, thanks for your reply i have checked all the wires but everything there looks ok but i have noticed on the waist motor there is like a brown capasitor with a number 104 on it that has blown maybe this is the issue? do you know what value this is i can try and get a replacement to see if it helps
Thanks

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

Not sure of the value of those, you could switch out the motor and see if the same thing occurs with a "good" motor and capacitors. Also be aware that some wire ends are covered with rubber glue, I have found that they appear ok, but when I remove the glue in see the bad contact. Try to identify the wires that lead inside the chest area to the pot wich is not visible from the outside.
Freddy

nukerocks
nukerocks's picture

After changing things around the clicking has reduced now if I turn him left there is no clicking sound so that's great but if I continue to hold left his waist will click it dose not do that if I turn him to the right

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

A video would be helpful I think if its possible.

Freddy