Robo V2 Won't Work: Overheating on Left Side Ds

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Robopolis
Robopolis's picture
Robo V2 Won't Work: Overheating on Left Side Ds

Got an RS V2 a couple years ago, played with it on and off 'til its batteries died, and left it on the shelf for months. Decided, equiped with batteries that my dad told me he got, to use him again... however, when the batteries were put in,  his lights wouldn't go on(meaning that he wasn't getting power). Oddly enough, they went on by unscrewing his left foot's battery cover slightly... but he wouldn't make noise or respond to the remote. Batteries were in corectly. After trying, he eventually drained the heck out of his D's and, according to my dad, started short circuiting, not going off with the switch, only with removal of batteries. What da heck is goin' on? :| Additional details: with persistence he might work for a couple seconds, but no longer. I left his old batteries in him after they died, and one in his left leg was corroded significantly, however that has been cleaned. He says "So(assumed to be from the sart up of Self Diagnostic) I think I have a bad motivator", and occasionally "User Error", but he is flat on the ground, so no surprise. His left leg Ds were burning hot, and a foul smell was eminating from his middle. Once, he also claimed that his brain batteries(which were new and are3 not all that drained) were low and powered down. Oh, and he was gotten used from ebay.

Robopolis
Robopolis's picture

I believe that the problem is the bad wiring, however I would like to get an Open your Sapien guide.

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

Hello Robopolis, there are a few threads with help. Here is a recent one. http://www.robocommunity.com/forum/thread/18906/Can-liquid-insulation-be...
It's a job, but the reward is worth it.
Freddy