iPhone App: Rovio Control (now supports Apple Watch)

107 posts / 0 new
Last post
Chibi
Chibi's picture

Awesome, another update! I tried using iOS6 streaming (and restarting app as well as rovio) but its still the same as before. Can't seem to get higher than maybe 5 frames a second.

I'm so happy you are still supporting this little guy!

iTommy
iTommy's picture

For the iOS 6 streaming I recommend to use a lower quality setting. It will never get as smooth as on iOS 5 though.

And shame on Apple for not fixing it in iOS 6.1 :-/

iTommy
iTommy's picture

vinnie said: I can't wait to try the 1.5 update. I just got the latest 1.4 update. I suspect that you are correct, that the AGC might confuse users. I suppose you could keep it as a separate control. I suggest putting it in the "tools" section and include a note that it requires a reboot to go from On to Off. How many levels of gain are you doing? Is it low-med-high?

That's a nice idea. At the moment the light button is setting it to "0x2"8 but low, med, high is way better.

kakemann
kakemann's picture

I really appreciate your effort on this great app. I hope you will be able to find a solution for the lag in ios6. The only real important thing left is the framerate.
Look forward to future updates

8Dave
8Dave's picture

I just purchased this app after resurrecting my old Rovio. I was really excited to try it, but disappointed that it has no video feed to the app. I can control the Rovio from the app, play the sounds, control the angle of the head... but no video appears on the iPad screen. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? I am using an iPad 2, and Rovio with:
v5.03
TrueTrack v5.13.201
Base Build v5.3503

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer!

-Dave

iTommy
iTommy's picture

Hello,

what is your iOS version and which video setting did you choose in the app? If you are on iOS 6 please choose the "iOS 6 video option".

8Dave
8Dave's picture

iTommy said: Hello, what is your iOS version and which video setting did you choose in the app? If you are on iOS 6 please choose the "iOS 6 video option".

Hi iTommy-

Thanks for the reply! I am using iOS 6.1.3, and chose the iOS 6 video option.  I've also restarted my Rovio and iPad.  Unfortunately, I still don't have video.  One interesting observation is if I click the camera icon in the app, I do get a visible snapshot in my camera roll.  Any advice or suggestions you have is much appreciated!!

iTommy
iTommy's picture

Hello,

Do you have special characters in the username or password? This could be causing a bug like that. Maybe an @ or also a :

You can also try deactivating password access completely (only to test the camera, of course)

vinnie
vinnie's picture

iTommy,

When will v1.5 be released to the App Store? :-)

iTommy
iTommy's picture

Sorry, been busy lately, as soon as I have time to finish it.

vinnie
vinnie's picture

I'd be willing to pay for the upgrade... can I send you bitcoin? :-)

iTommy
iTommy's picture

No need to pay. Updates are free - forever. But thank you.

PS: still no sweet solution for iOS 6 stream. :-/

8Dave
8Dave's picture

iTommy said: Hello, Do you have special characters in the username or password? This could be causing a bug like that. Maybe an @ or also a : You can also try deactivating password access completely (only to test the camera, of course)

Hi iTommy-

Great news!  You were spot on!  I had a special character in the password, and as soon as I changed the password to remove this character, the video feed came in.  Thanks for the suggestion and great suppoort!!  Now I can really start to use this app.  Thanks again!!!

-Dave

iTommy
iTommy's picture

Glad to hear that.

iTommy
iTommy's picture

Now also available for your Apple Watch. You can play existing paths forwards, send Rovio to the dock and take photos from your wrist. You can see a demo video in this thread: http://www.robocommunity.com/forum/thread/21363/controlling-rovio-robot-...Added path menu button. You can play existing paths forwards and backwards and also record new paths.Press and hold the "going home"-button opens a new menü. In this menu you can for example cancel every action Rovio does at the moment, go home (without docking), go home and dock (like pressing the "going home"-button) and update the current position as new home location in front of the charging station.When opening the settings, only the video stream is now shown in background (without all the distracting HUD). There is also a new setting, that allows to turn off the video stream background in the settings.All video streaming issues that came with iOS 6 are fixed, the video streaming performance now is incredible. Unfortunately with this update Rovio Control requires iOS 8.0 or higher.Another new setting: "light switch action". It can automatically enable AGC or Rovios Night Mode when turning on the light.iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus optimization.Increased the status pull time when using the internet profile and decreased the status pull time when using the local wifi profile.Fixed a problem that could cause in some cases showing a wrong head status.Improved the scanning for Rovio in you local network. And added the option to manual setup everything.When the guard mode is enabled the upper left status label shows "guard mode".Minor improvements and optimizations.

iTommy
iTommy's picture

Sorry, I have no idea why to forum does not take me line breaks and I can't edit it :-/

Pages