HELP- RS media leftin the rain

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
petko8680
petko8680's picture
HELP- RS media leftin the rain

Hi guys,

Something very bad happened to me today. I left my RS media in my garden and went insidefor fewminutes, but suddenly it started raining.I ran outside and took it inside the house, but it was already wet. I waited for few hours, turned it on, it worked for few minutes and it started smoking. I immediately turned it off, but next time i tried to turn it on, the eyes and LCD lit up for couple of seconds and it turned off- just like dead. Tried few times , but always the same- eyes and LCD lit up for 2-3 secs and turn off. Can anyone help me please? Do you think there is no chance to be fixed? cheers

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

Hi petko8680, you most likely have some blown electronic bits. You will need to open the robot and inspect all the boards for burned parts. Hopefully you can find the replacement parts.

Freddy

petko8680
petko8680's picture

Thanks for the reply. I will do that, but the thing is that I don't know anything about electronics. Is it something easy to see/noticeor it's better to find someone who knows about it? cheers

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

Its not too hard to see if a part has been burned out, just check for black and the burned smell. If you have never soldered before its probably a good idea to have someone with some experiance help you and teach you.

petko8680
petko8680's picture

well, i have soldered before and will try to do it myself probably. And I also noticed the burned smell even the first time it started smoking and now I can feel it a bit when i am close to the RS media( but it is not that strong). I will try to open it as soon as possible, as I went to visit a friend of mine, and the guys at home are not sure if they can do it.

petko8680
petko8680's picture

Hi,
bought an adaptor to power up the RSM, it started, but after working fine for some time, i noticed that the head is not moving. There was funny noise, like the RSm is trying to move its head, but it didn't want to. Switched it off, and tried to power it up again, but still the same issue- starts for a second and shuts down. Will open it today to check for burned out parts, after left it in the rain, but don't know what to do with the head.