Whats the cheapest way to power RSM on batteries?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Cheapotechguy
Cheapotechguy's picture
Whats the cheapest way to power RSM on batteries?

Hi all

I was thinking of getting rechargeables D cells but generally rechargeables are only 1.2 volts and it would be an expensive outlay at least £45 for a kit.

As anybody used one of these or similar?    http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.500... it Refreshes? alkaline throw aways batteries up to 75% of original power up to ten times. seems the cheapest option at about £20 and good for recycling.

nomad
nomad's picture

hi ,use ENELOOP batteries they last long because low drainning off the batterie.
you can get AAA,AA AND ADAPTER FOR USING D_CELLS.cheers

Sunbeamowner
Sunbeamowner's picture

Put in 'Rechargable batteries for RS Media' in the Advanced search box at the top of this page and you will get 6 pages of info previously discussed on this topic.

nomad
nomad's picture

hi,its correct what you say.new members dont find it ,so post one topic is a good idea.thx

gerber
gerber's picture

Hi Cheapotechguy

An alternative you might consider is a main power adaptor instead of batteries. They start from £15 in the UK. The one I use is http://www.maplin.co.uk/worldwide-travel-multi-voltage-power-supply-48908 which cost £27 and is variable voltage which allows me to still get lower body movement when I set it to 6v. If I set it to 7.5v the RSM will not walk but will stay awake so I switch between the 2 voltatages depending on want I want to do with the RSM.

The only pain with the mains adaptor is you have a power cable tethered to it when using it. However I find this much better that having to change the batteries every day.

Hope this helps

Cheapotechguy
Cheapotechguy's picture

Sunbeamowner said: Put in 'Rechargable batteries for RS Media' in the Advanced search box at the top of this page and you will get 6 pages of info previously discussed on this topic.

Sunbeamowner

I agree there are many post regarding batteries here, many of which I have read before opening this thread, also many of those posts are years old and are not so up to date regarding tech or links, therefore I think a fresh thread on the subject does no harm.

Cheapotechguy
Cheapotechguy's picture

gerber said: Hi Cheapotechguy An alternative you might consider is a main power adaptor instead of batteries. They start from £15 in the UK. The one I use is http://www.maplin.co.uk/worldwide-travel-multi-voltage-power-supply-48908 which cost £27 and is variable voltage which allows me to still get lower body movement when I set it to 6v. If I set it to 7.5v the RSM will not walk but will stay awake so I switch between the 2 voltatages depending on want I want to do with the RSM. The only pain with the mains adaptor is you have a power cable tethered to it when using it. However I find this much better that having to change the batteries every day. Hope this helps

Thanks Gerber

My RSM walks but intermittently shuts down on 6v, so its not much use, FreddyA said an 6.5v would be better but its an odd voltage for a standerd adapter, so I'm going to keep an eye out for an appliance adapter that might fit the bill.