Only USB-Net "OFF" funktion after upgrading RS Media V1 to V2

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
x3107
x3107's picture
Only USB-Net "OFF" funktion after upgrading RS Media V1 to V2

Hi there,

after upgrading my RS Media V1 with V2 firmware it works nearly perfect. The only thing I could not understand was that the USB-Net option had only the 'Off' function. I've tried to flash the Kernel with the 'RSMV2ReloadFiles' but I got the error message 'Kernel fails / wrong size'. Checking out the firmware version with 'RSMCheckVersion', it's all ok. All points show 'RSMV2'. I flashed the RS Media again with 'UpgradeRSMV1toRSMV2'. It was all ok, but there was no option to switch on the USB-Net funktion again.

I connetcted RS-Media with PC via USB cable, wait until there was a connection and proofed the USB-Net option again. Nothing happens, there was only the 'Off' option.

Does anyone have an idea?

Best reguards

X3107

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

Hello X3107, Not quite sure what you meant by having only the USBNet option off. In most cases teh USBnet is off untill you select it with the up and down keys then select it. You should see the status change to USBNet ON. But this is not needed to be changed to ON. it remains off because to use USBNet you must start custom scrips in the rsupdate SD boot up files for using PPP and connecting via I.P. Hope that helps understand a bit.

Freddy

x3107
x3107's picture

Hi Freddy,
what I mean is that I don't have the possibility to choose 'on'.
In the menu I see only "1 Off". There is no "2 On"

x3107

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

There is NO "2 ON". To change the USBnet to ON, you highlight the item in blue, push the select button on the remote. However, the option on the menu does not work (on or off) because wowwee did not finish this option. Helibot made it possible to use USBnet but not through the menu. It is initiated via script in the rsupdateapp durring boot to connect the robot to I.P.

x3107
x3107's picture

Hello FreddyA,
thank you for your declaration, I was confused because of the manual which shows that you can switch the USB-Net function on and off, so I thought that something went wrong with the upgrade to V2.
By the way, can you tell me what I can do with the camera tracking in the option menu. I'm not clear how to use this funktion.

X3107

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

There is an explanation for this in the manual in the media menu. For example,if you choose track green, then when you take a picture or video it will go into trackinkg mode for green and take a picture if it finds something green in the view.