RS Media Video Ribbon Cable

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
r_wright1
r_wright1's picture
RS Media Video Ribbon Cable

I need to repair the end of the video ribbon cable that attaches to the media board.  Replacements don't seem to be readily avaiable, so I want to trim off the small end damage and use the existing cable.  My question is - what is the best method to remove the plastic coating on the cable to expose the metal within the ribbon cable?

nomad
nomad's picture

do you have pic.i think these are to get

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

R-wright1, here is a picture of the ribbon cable where I scraped to the metal. I used n exacto knife just started at one point and continied scraping till i see the first trace. http://www.robocommunity.com/forum/thread/17432/Please-help-RS-Media-Boo...

r_wright1
r_wright1's picture

Thanks for the link FreddyA, looks easy enough so I will give it a try. I have found this 18 pin cable on E-Bay in shorter lenghts. I noticed you mentioned in that link you soldered a ribbon cable, do you think it is it possible to solder two cables together to create a single long cable or is it more trouble than its worth? I did e-mail the seller to see if he has these cables in a longer lenght (around 30cm or 12in) but I have not heard back from them yet.

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture
r_wright1
r_wright1's picture

Thanks for the links, but I am looking for the video display cable which is 18 pin and around 30cm or 12in long. If anyone has a source for that, I would appreciate it.

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture