RS Media Remote a Question!

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
MAZ
MAZ's picture
RS Media Remote a Question!

Can anyone advise me if an RSMEDIA remote will work on a Robosapien V2.....

Someone whois selling both rsmedia robot and robosapien V2. claims that this works

ie the sale is for 2 robots ONE rsmedia remote controller..........mmmmmmmmmm!

(peronally i dont buy this statement)

Anyone?

much appreciated!

MAZ
MAZ's picture

PS this is an urgent question as it affects the sale!

nomad
nomad's picture

i just try it and it dont work.only eye blink thats all

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

Nope,the bulky grey orange RS Media Remote does not work on RSV2. There is a custom advanced RS Media remote on ebay that does control all the wowwee robots and other I.r. devices you program.

MAZ
MAZ's picture

Thks FreddyA
do you know the name of the unit or model etc?
Have a sweet deal here to buy 1x rsmedia + remote and 1 robosapien v2. at about
$140.00 usd...seller claims remote works on BOTH...lol

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

Yea thats a great deal, take it. even without remote its still a good deal. the remote I mentioned is out of stock but Ill pm you details for when theres another.

MAZ
MAZ's picture

thks Freddy.
I thought it was a good deal!

r_wright1
r_wright1's picture

I was going to post this question as well, as it states in the RS Media manual that you can use the RS Media remote to control your V2, yet I've had no luck in making that work.

From the manual:

Robosapien V2: To initiate the interaction between RS Media and
Robosapien V2, point the remote controller only at RS Media.

NOTE: RS Media's remote controller can also operate Robosapien V2.

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

Hello, while the RS Media remote can start the interaction, it wont actually control the RSV2. What I beleive is that the RS Media remote can send the start signal for interaction between the robots only, but not do any of the other V2 functions. The interaction itself is very short and nobody has found a way to edit it in any way. It would be cool since the RS Media has IR transmitters to be able to use them to control ALL I.R. devices like other robots and household appliances that use IR remotes. So many things possible with RSM.