rs media neck motor

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
lozweezy
lozweezy's picture
rs media neck motor

Hi everyone, I have a small problem with my robot. The shaft that moves the head back and foward had broken. Well I fixed that after reading post on this forum. My question is can I have put the motor in backwards? I seem to have quite a lot of downward motion and hardly any upward motion. The bots head hardly goes to level, when I move it upwards. Any help on this would be great.

Rob

nomad
nomad's picture

any chance for pics or video.

lozweezy
lozweezy's picture

Hi nomad, I have the not in bits again!!!! Only had it a week and this the third strip down. I'm not too sure how to post just yet. As soon as I workit out iI will. Basically the neck motor when removed has two drive lugs. One light blue and one white. One one either side of the motor. Both lugs fit the hole in the gearbox and that's my problem in my rush to fix it I forgot which way it came out. Also any idea how to set the gearbox to the right place?

Rob

nomad
nomad's picture

when your in front of the rsm the neckchaft from the head,you see tiny screw,
on the left side.unsrew that boot rsm and close his eyes when he thru,
introduction .then set head straight up like it supose to be ,then tighten,
the screw very chently.

lozweezy
lozweezy's picture

Thanks Nomad, that's great!

Rob

nomad
nomad's picture

so its working ???

lozweezy
lozweezy's picture

Yeah its not so bad lol. I'll post more later. Just out in the snow here in northern Ireland.

Rob

nomad
nomad's picture

okay have fun out there

lozweezy
lozweezy's picture

Thanks again for all your help with my not Nomad. He seems to be better now. I just have to get him to recognize a SD card and then I can start to have a good play. Still have to pluck up the courage to do the serial hack etc. Have a good night.

Rob

nomad
nomad's picture

hi rob,i use sd from brand kinston 1gb they work good.
put empty sd in rsm boot him let him go thru introduction.
power off rsm and all files are on the sd now.

lozweezy
lozweezy's picture

Hi nomad again thanks for the reply. I think you and I are the only people using this forum at the moment. Got the sd sorted charged it again third time is a charm. Have you seen my other post about RSM_Virtual.zip and where to find it. I cant get off the mad robots site.

Thanks
Rob

nomad
nomad's picture

okay leave the thank you thing,we just help eachother.
some time its qiut here.
i will have a look for the virtuel zip.
do you have skype,mine is patrick.dierckx19

nomad
nomad's picture

send pm to gerber,he knows where to find it

lozweezy
lozweezy's picture

Hi nomad how to pm im not sure how. my practica sd card has got corrupted in my bot. puter cant read it and is telling me its size is now 2kb. back to the drawing board!!!!!!

lozweezy
lozweezy's picture

Hi nomad its all good on the PM thing I sorted it

Rob

nomad
nomad's picture

yep keep trying

lozweezy
lozweezy's picture

Just got two Kingston sd.s online so i,ll keep plugging away. lol

gerber
gerber's picture

Hi Lozweezy

Great to see a new member on the site. I haven't been here for quite sometime. I always found the Virtual serial method of connect difficult to get work and would recommend you do the serial hack. As you've already opened your bot then you are half way there in adding the serial hack. It's pretty straight forward to do. I have put full instructions on how to add the serial hack on my website www.themadrobot.talktalk.net which will help you.

Just one note about the SD cards you have, they need to be a maximum of 1gb. The robot won't recognize SD cards bigger than that.

I haven't touched my robots since last June, which is shameful I know, but I plan to dust them off and get to back to working on my RS Media Control station software sometime soon as an update to the software is well over due.

nomad
nomad's picture

i like this post,to do it one more time how all works