sd card

38 posts / 0 new
Last post
FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

Maybe your on board file system is corrupt. Try flashing the firmware to restore it, it's tricky and you need a serial hack but it could straighten things up for you. $10 on ebay for the bluetooth chip.

lozweezy
lozweezy's picture

hi freddy, you know rsupdate when i ran that file the bot did update i think all though it did show things like checksum error etc. When it finished it said restart system but didnt reboot. I switched it off and removed rsupdate from sd card and switched the bot back on. Thats when I got the white screen no sound etc. once booted I can select a personality and have to turn up the volume. Did I do it right? also I find a file with v1 and v2 firmware Icant find it again, any idea where I could get it?

Thanks Rob

lozweezy
lozweezy's picture

Hi I found the file on my desktop Doh!!!! Its a version of rsupdte that contains both v1 and v2 this is what is in the folder is this safe for me to run.

fb_msg

md5-arm

rfs_default_V1.md5

rfs_default_V2.md5

rfs_kernel_V1.md5

rfs_system_V1.md5

rfs_system_V2.md5

rsupdateapp

wowwee_emjava_id

Thanks Rob

FreddyA
FreddyA's picture

I didnt know you had tried to flash the firmware. So you have the serial hack? was your bot a v1 or v2 version did it have usbnet? maybe you flashed the wrong version for your bot.

lozweezy
lozweezy's picture

No mate I don't have the serial hack. I just saw that on my desktop as rsupdate. Then I downloaded rsupdate and it was completely different. Ihave put the one called original firmware on my SD but today I haven't turn my bot on. II'm just wondering which is right? The fact after using the rsupdate from the down load. My bot did update but then at the point it say restart I removed the SD and restarted because I didn't want it to run again. I'm sure I've read somewhere about renaming a file then it doesn't run again just not sure

Rob

lozweezy
lozweezy's picture

Hi guys and thanks for your help. I've sorted my problem. All is well again in RSM land.....

Rob

nomad
nomad's picture

yeach great job you did lozweezy

Pages