Zoomer the Robot Dog Experience

72 posts / 0 new
Last post
PK mum!
PK mum!'s picture

Thanks for the info, will print this out and keep handy!

We returned the zoomer toy the store at first the staff member was reluctant to believe my hubby but he insisted and she tried it out whilst they browsed in the store definitely nothing happened no charge! They changed it for another which seems to be charging OK will keep an eye on things.

Thankfully it was an early gift so able to check it out before the potential Christmas melt down!

Happy training!

SJ
SJ's picture

So. its my daughters birthday !! Zoomer has been working brilliantly until charge time !!! Its on charge now. Been on charge in the off position and now I have put it on charge in the on position. The eyes only have one line and that's all it seems to stay on ? that's not right is it ?

nomad
nomad's picture

hi happy birthday for your daughter.
i read somewhere the on/off must stand in off possition.but am not sure.

SJ
SJ's picture

I have charged it now in the on position and it still has one line on the eyes. Its working though ? My daughter is playing with it now and I will wait now till it runs out. Then I will see what happens.

SJ
SJ's picture

Thank you for the birthday wishes :)

nomad
nomad's picture

is it possible that you must charged like a cell phone first time,10 houres?

Farrah
Farrah's picture

They need to work all the bugs out of this toy before they sell it to people. Right now it's a rip off. This will be the second one I'm returning because it won't take charge or even "flicker" as others have gotten it to do. Word of warning: Wait till this thing is out of beta. And there really is no way to fix on your own. It was fun for like 2 seconds when it worked but now it's just total frustration!

zoomer hater
zoomer hater's picture

I can't believe that so many of these pieces of junk have the same problem you'd think that apple would give out more info on what to do when it happens I think all I have now is a boat anchor

nomad
nomad's picture

hi i dont have a zoomer.but i can see your point.
i gess the good quality is dropping.
soon its only for people who has lots off money.
it goes too fast these days.like you say its allreddy on site,
but not reddy yet.i bouth ones tree i-qbots.i work it on for two months.
i got them working but then they close the visuel program.
so i have tree bots i cant use no more.its a killer frustration.
when i put my batt case in the i-qbot,some times it work,but some times i see the springs starts to glowing red hot.too bad wowwee dont make a zoomer cause it will be really much better quality.i hope its work out for you,goodluck

Roboxzxz
Roboxzxz's picture

I had same charging problem. The manufacturers suggestion of turning to off while charging did work. I guess if its fully dead it won't charge while on. Thanks for the post!

hi
hi's picture

do you know how long the manufacture warranty is? I want to buy one but should i also purchase the store's extended warranty? thank you.

Zanta
Zanta's picture

Early Xmas gift for my grandson. I charged it initially on my PC and it worked great the first day. Next day, wouldn't take a full re-charge and now, less than 48 hrs, it won't do a thing.

Tried all the tricks on this site to no avail. I have to believe Zoomer is a bust ! Seems to have a history with this particular complaint/defect.

It's getting returned to the store tomorrow. If you own one and are reading this site for answers, return your Zoomer ASAP !!! It'll never work as advertised !!!

Yvon
Yvon's picture

my son just got one for Xmas and he was so excited that his aunt opened it up and they started playing around with it, until it stopped working. Now he won't charge at all and i know that lipo batteries should never be fully drained because they won't charge but what kind of idiot puts a lipo in a childs toy, as if they know this stuff. Sadly if it won't charge it may just end up in the trash because i doubt his grandfather kept the receipt.

foxmama
foxmama's picture

RE: Charging Issues

The manufacturer e-mailed me the following - so far so good!

We're sorry to hear that Zoomer is giving you some charging problems and we would love to have the opportunity to help you out here. The good news is that there is a fairly straight forward work around for this! When charging Zoomer in the ON position (as the Instructions outline), Zoomer does need a little bit of battery life in order to initiate the charging process. If Zoomer has been running around all day, he might not have any power at all, which makes initiating the charging process a little more difficult.

Zoomer will also charge in the OFF position, and in situations such as this when he appears to not have enough power to charge in the ON position, this should fix your issue. Simply connect Zoomer to a power source (we always recommend using a desktop computer rather than a laptop), leave him turned OFF, and leave him plugged in for about an hour or two. Zoomer should get enough power to turn on and run around, and after this you should be absolutely fine charging Zoomer in the ON position as the Instructions suggest.

If going through these tips does not resolve your issue, don't worry! We can be reached at 1-800-622-8339.

When you call us, please have your toy with you so we are able to run through a few tips. We'll do everything we can to help you out!

foxmama
foxmama's picture

RE: Charging Issues

The manufacturer e-mailed me the following - so far so good!

We're sorry to hear that Zoomer is giving you some charging problems and we would love to have the opportunity to help you out here. The good news is that there is a fairly straight forward work around for this! When charging Zoomer in the ON position (as the Instructions outline), Zoomer does need a little bit of battery life in order to initiate the charging process. If Zoomer has been running around all day, he might not have any power at all, which makes initiating the charging process a little more difficult.

Zoomer will also charge in the OFF position, and in situations such as this when he appears to not have enough power to charge in the ON position, this should fix your issue. Simply connect Zoomer to a power source (we always recommend using a desktop computer rather than a laptop), leave him turned OFF, and leave him plugged in for about an hour or two. Zoomer should get enough power to turn on and run around, and after this you should be absolutely fine charging Zoomer in the ON position as the Instructions suggest.

If going through these tips does not resolve your issue, don't worry! We can be reached at 1-800-622-8339.

When you call us, please have your toy with you so we are able to run through a few tips. We'll do everything we can to help you out!

KD
KD's picture

The ears are built to "pop" off, which is probably a good idea overall, but one of them apparently popped off the Zoomer my daughter got for Cmas this morning and after several hours of looking, it's nowhere to be found. She's absolutely crushed. Any idea how I can get a new ear?

mamabeze
mamabeze's picture

Hi there fellow tired folks on Christmas night. Trying to figure out the zoomer. Hope I can help. I to have been at this throughout the day and perhaps Christmas luck I think I got it. I have had one of them plugged in a wall which seemed to work best & the other on a comp. I got a flicker in the eye and just turned on and off and than took the cord out to see if the lines showed in eyes. One had shown almost full eyes and the other just one (had on for just a few min). I let the less of two charge while I tried to play with the other charged one and she (purple one) works. Stubborn Lil pup! Than I tried the 2nd one and he works too. stubborn too but does listen. Felt like dealing with a real pup.
Anyhow so my advice. Plug into wall not computer, than turn dog off before unplugging. Than turn on. Push down on head eyes should light up to how charged. Than push the button by the back near tail to start play..... That's what worked for these two dogs. I thought it was me than had been blaming on the dog. Dug thru xmas trash to get box to return for a other Watched YouTubes trying to explain but gave it one last try and it worked. I hope this keeps working. I will make sure to charge before battery dead next time. Instructions do say to charge fully before 1st play so was probably thrown off that played out of the box. Prob shoulda given to my 5yr old e and it woulda been figured out faster.
Good luck parents! Merry Christmas!
Will call #posted above if this doesnt keep working for these dogs. Idea to come out next yr-include wall charger and fix the obvious glitch, let kids name their own dog to program to call. If even from a pre programed list of several boy and girl names, can make this thru an app...?

reph4444
reph4444's picture

having the same problem re: charging
Charged first time OK from laptop, since then I get a slight flicker or flashing eyes for a few secs or nothing at all. I have been trying all day with different USB chargers but can't get more than one bar on zoomer's eyes :-(
Very unhappy little girl

amylynn
amylynn's picture

I bought my daughter zoomer for christmas and we had the same problem. I thought zoomer wasn't charging because he was slowly turning his back around when tuned on, his eyes were on and not responding to anything. I turned our zoomer off and on, until he responded. Now zoomer works like a charm. I hope you get the same results.

jrkw17
jrkw17's picture

Same problem...we charged it almost an hour. It worked great. Let it sleep. We charged it again and played with it. Now it won't charge or do anything. Number I am on hold with now is 800-622-8339. I believe it is option 3 for Zoomer.

Bird
Bird's picture

Our eight year old saved her money and bought a Zoomer. It said to charge fully before playing with him even though it was half charged, so we charged him first. While it was charging we read the book completely. It has to be on the "on" position before you pit it on to charge. She can play with him around forty mins continuously before charging again, the book says if you were playing with him before charging, wait ten to fifteen mins before charging, so we are. No problems with him charging back up. Our daughter just loves him.

champion360
champion360's picture

Im having trouble with my zoomer too. i cant get it to charge even though i was charging it 1 day straight. I've looked for info on youtube,google,and bing. i could not find anything. what do you do?

champion360
champion360's picture

I just tryed to turn my familys zoomer on and off to get it to turn on . i saw lights turning on and off in his eyes but he would not turn on. if you know a soloution please tell me.

BMuts
BMuts's picture

I got this for my daughter for Christmas. It worked less than two weeks. I noticed the charging port was loose but thought nothing of it. I plugged it in to charge and boom....the port completely detached and is now useless. $110 down the drain. Needless to say I am not a happy camper. Sitting on hold with spin master right now. been on hold for 17 minutes so far with no answer. I get madder at each minute goes by. Has anyone else had a problem with the whole charging port detaching inside the dog?

Dan711
Dan711's picture

I found the answer to the ZOOMER that won't Charge. Saved a bad situation for a disappointed little girl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDflTSpkDMU

It is all in the sequence of the switch and plugging in the charger. Write down the sequence from the video and this did indeed fix the Zoomer that sat in my truck for 30 days.

Peteostro
Peteostro's picture

I tweeted spin master (makers of zoomer) if they are going to show off anything new with zoomer @ the NY Toy fair (2-16 - 2-19)
and they tweeted back we have a big surprise for zoomer @ the show.

I'm thinking we might see a more advanced version (hopefully not just new colors)

Peteostro
Peteostro's picture

Peteostro said: I tweeted spin master (makers of zoomer) if they are going to show off anything new with zoomer @ the NY Toy fair (2-16 - 2-19) and they tweeted back we have a big surprise for zoomer @ the show. I'm thinking we might see a more advanced version (hopefully not just new colors)

They also replied on facebook, definitely a new zoomer being showed off @ the NY toy fair

Peteostro
Peteostro's picture

Havent got mine yet, comes tomorrow (its for my daughter but I think i'll be paying with it just as much)

Im hoping the new version will have a longer battery life, bluetooth would be awesome.

A chip that allways listens for zoomer so yo would no thave to push down its head would be great too (the moto -x smart phone has a chip that does this)

Peteostro
Peteostro's picture

So it looks like the new zoomer is a 2 legged Dinosaur
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/02/prweb11573138.htm
http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2014/02/10/11573138/BoomerDino.jpg

Zoomer Dino Boomer: Whatâ??s better than a guard dog? A guard Dino! Boomer runs around balancing on two feet, chomping and whipping his tail. Play with him in autonomous mode via the sensors in his nose, or pick up the control pod to send him on attack and put him in guard mode. Although Dino appears aggressive at first, he also has a softer side, protecting his friends and sometimes even busting a dance move. He has all different moods and will show them to you with his color changing eyes.

Sound interesting.. Was hoping for an updated dog though

Peteostro
Peteostro's picture

It already is a top toy. Got my zoomer the other day, and my daughter had the same reaction, she thinks its real. Its really well designed to mimic what a puppy would be like. the led eyes are brilliant and being able to give it voice commands makes it seem like its alive, along with its roaming mode its pretty amazing for the price.

Would have loved to see blue tooth support, and some way to program new actions. Also would have been cool if you could have gave it a command without having to push its head down. Who knows maybe they will surprise us. I mean it has a usb port so maybe there will be something for the computer that will let you program it.

Pages