RoboSapien IR Remote signal format ?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gary Y
Gary Y's picture
RoboSapien IR Remote signal format ?

Would like use an Arduino to drive an IR led, controlling a RoboSapien instead the manual IR remote control.

The Arduino will execute automated routines and send RoboSapien commands via IR.

Stretch project to have 2 or more WowWee Robots interact via automated routine....but first things first....

Is there an IR message format document available ?

Is a IR format like a xxxx TV ( that is how the BoeBot defines their internal program format to run from a TV IR remote)   

Gary Y
Gary Y's picture

Thank you. I thought about adding a logic switch to go between the internal IR detector and an alternate input so people can use the remote, or go to control du jour ( PC, bluetooth, model aircraft radio control ) depending on the theme of the demonstration.

Does "RoboSapien the original" use the same signal format & commands as RSV2 ?

Do the other WowWee products of similar generation use the same IR format as RoboSapien: RoboQuad, RoboRover, etc...will they all recognize commands from a different remote control, just execute it differently ?

Apologies for dumb question, I'm alot more of a HW guy, and would like to make sure I understand. The data word is 12 bits. The command table for example says to "insult" is a $36D. Is that a 4 word ASCII format ? in other words send DECIMAL 36 51 54 68 ? My only IR previous experience is programming a BoeBot to decode commands sent from a known TV remote control format.

Can you recommend articles/books/ reference on "serial communications for dummies". I mentor middle & high school students on robotics, there is alot of cool ideas, but I dont always have the answers or experience.