Problems executing Bodycons made with Advanced Editor of the Suite

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
ultrahome
ultrahome's picture
Problems executing Bodycons made with Advanced Editor of the Suite

Received my first RSM a week ago, and now trying to create custom bodycons and assign it to my custom personality. So I open Suite's Advanced editor, for each new action move a slider of a limb or a joint, for the robot to lift his left arm, then the right one, rotate left wrist, then the right one, rotate those wrists back and then lowers the arms. The .bcn file produced by the Editor seems logical, here is the excerpt:

# movement group number:1
/usr/bin/robot/scripts/MotorRel.sh 03 00 08
/usr/bin/robot/scripts/wait_rtn.sh 1052
# movement group number:2
/usr/bin/robot/scripts/MotorRel.sh 04 00 08
/usr/bin/robot/scripts/wait_rtn.sh 1052
# movement group number:3
/usr/bin/robot/scripts/MotorRel.sh 05 00 08
/usr/bin/robot/scripts/wait_rtn.sh 1014
# movement group number:4
/usr/bin/robot/scripts/MotorRel.sh 06 00 08
/usr/bin/robot/scripts/wait_rtn.sh 1014
# movement group number:5
/usr/bin/robot/scripts/MotorRel.sh 05 03 08
/usr/bin/robot/scripts/wait_rtn.sh 1536
# movement group number:6
/usr/bin/robot/scripts/MotorRel.sh 06 03 08
/usr/bin/robot/scripts/wait_rtn.sh 1536
# movement group number:7
/usr/bin/robot/scripts/MotorRel.sh 03 16 08
/usr/bin/robot/scripts/wait_rtn.sh 1092
# movement group number:8
/usr/bin/robot/scripts/MotorRel.sh 04 16 08
/usr/bin/robot/scripts/wait_rtn.sh 1092

When I transfer this to the robot, the demo works like a charm, but the left arm never lifts up. Similar happens if I create BodyCon for the head moving right, returning to the center, going to the left and returning. Robot just partially reproduces commands in .bcn file produced by the Advanced Editor.

Seems like a serious bug, wouldn't you say? I read through all the posts that mention problems with "Suite", but found nowone complaining of this?!? My RS Media robot otherwise is fully functional when using IR commands, arms and the head have the full range of motions, and all dance demos play as expected.

Any suggestions?

ultrahome
ultrahome's picture

Thanks for the reply. I am getting convinced that it is a problem of timing, and have also noticed some doubled commands in .bcn files of personalities that come with the robot. I'll experiment more, but above all will be cutting and pasting from scripts that work to make my own scripts.