Novus Robotics Cape

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
BobM
BobM's picture
Novus Robotics Cape

On the beaglebone.org website, there is a cool robotics cape for the BeagleBone Black called the Novus Robotics Cape.  It was designed by Strawson Design and UCSD's Robots Lab of all places.  I'm trying to buy one but can't find a source.  Is this cape in the MIPS robot?  Does anyone know where I can buy one or the $150 BeagleMiP Robotics Develop[ment kit mentioned here: http://beagleboard.org/project/novus/ ? Thanks!

nomad
nomad's picture

maybe if you login you will see more info or bying options

BobM
BobM's picture

Log in where? I've search the Strawson Design website, the Beagleboard website, and the Wowwee website (since UCSD and/or Prof Bewley) are associated with Wowwee and found nothing. I've also sent several emails that are either unanswered or say they don't know anything.

nomad
nomad's picture

your link right side below

BobM
BobM's picture

Are you referring to the Wowwee link at the bottom of this page? I emailed Wowwee and asked if the MiP contained the robotics cape. They responded back saying they don't know. I'm tempted to buy one at Best Buy to see if it does since it has all the characteristics of the Novus cape. I was just hoping to get an answer first before dropping a $100.

nomad
nomad's picture

you have to sign in in this link below.you get mail when they are availeble.

http://www.strawsondesign.com/

BobM
BobM's picture

I did that a few months ago and have received no info from them. I also emailed them but only get what looks like an automated response. Strawson Design looks like a website that was set up several months ago and ignored since.

nomad
nomad's picture
BobM
BobM's picture

As I mentioned above, I already checked that. It sounds like you do not have any specific info about the Novus board and are just making generic suggestions. Believe me, I have exhausted the obvious and more. You might want to see what you can find out for yourself as the board sounds like its worth the effort.

nomad
nomad's picture
BobM
BobM's picture

OK, enough of your game.

Can anyone else help me? (The last link nomad sent is for the BeagleBoard Black, not the Novus board.)

nomad
nomad's picture

sorry

nomad
nomad's picture

robosavvy sells them,you could ask them how to get yours,