Reflash V1- V2. questions anyone can help with?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
MAZ
MAZ's picture
Reflash V1- V2. questions anyone can help with?

1. Boot is super quick, difficult to get to programming area as you have to mash keyboard

very difficult to get to...any work around?

2. volume slider in menu is "fixed" cannot lower or raise volume.

Helibot
Helibot's picture

Hi Maz,
>1. Boot is super quick, difficult to get to programming area as you have to mash keyboard very difficult to get to...any work around?
I assume you are talking about responding to the prompt -"Device ID:22BA
Press any key for alternate boot-up options ".
If so, then I find it always works if I press space bar as soon as I see any text coming out of the terminal.

2. volume slider in menu is "fixed" cannot lower or raise volume.
Normal way to change volume is to goto media mode. Use the up/dn button on the Right pad of the RSMedia remote. This works in any screen in media mode. But volume change is lost when robot is rebooted.
Second way is to goto Options:Volume:Volume Level menu and use the RHS up/dn button to change the volume. This changes the default volume setting (so it will be remembered when you reboot the robot!!!!) This is very handy to set this to off or low so the robot isnt really loud when he first turns on!!)
Do either of these work for you?

Cheers
Helibot

MAZ
MAZ's picture

Thanks for the quick reply
sorted out problem 1. thanks works
problem 2 is not sorted
slide doesn't move at all both methods
maybe one can hack the os in the robot?
cheers

Helibot
Helibot's picture

>slide doesn't move at all both methods
>maybe one can hack the os in the robot?
I have written a program that can adjust the volume from the command line. I will dig it out tomorrow and we can see if that works for you.
Cheers
Helibot

MAZ
MAZ's picture

Thanks very much Helibot!

much appreciated!
b well
cheers

gerber
gerber's picture

Hi Maz/Helibot

I have the rsmvolume software Helibot created and email to me a few years ago. I have put it on my Sourceforge section

Here is a link http://sourceforge.net/projects/themadrobot/files/Robot-Resource/RSM-Sof...

There is a readme file in the zip file that tell you how to use it

MAZ
MAZ's picture

Thks Gerber

will advise as I will tweak over weekend
cheers