Need help and information on replacing a few components on the Power Board.

1 post / 0 new
NickJallday
NickJallday's picture
Need help and information on replacing a few components on the Power Board.

I recently messed up my rovio by replacing the 3000mAh with a 5000mAh battery and I made the mistake of soldering the leads of the battery onto the deans connector backwards. Needless to say I blew up the 1W0R5J Resistor (R11) on the power board.I am replacing that resistor with a ceramic wire wound 5W0R5J resistor as I can't find a 1W0R5J ceramic wirewound resistor. the 5W should work fine though (may just have to figure out how to make it fit.The axial inductor on the board (L1) looks as if it got a bit hot and reads .3 ohms resistance. I believe it may have shorted and I'd like to replace it, but there is are no markings on it and I'm unsure as to what size inductor to replace it with. I was wondering if anyone had any guidance on that, I tried reading the Schematics (KOI-MP802_M001_schematic_v12) but my ability to read them is either not up to par (which is most likely the case) or it isn't listed).Lastly, I'd like to know if anyone could tell what the specifications of the D4 diode on the power board. I bought my Rovio off eBay and I had noticed someone removed the diode completely and soldered a wire in its place (looks very much like a home job and not from the factory). I only noticed this because of the forum posts on hack-a-day about the diode being reversed. I'd like to put the diode back in but as I don't have the old one to find out what it is I'm unable to figure out what goes in its place. My only assumption is its 1N4001 IP diode identical to the one next to it as they appear to run in series.Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks guys and gals!