Error Message

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
asuracomputers
asuracomputers's picture
Error Message

Hello Everyone I have an RS Media and I have a question. Everything seems for the most part to be running fine. There is only 1 thing that I am a bit confused about and hopefull someone can answer. I am new here so forgive me. When my RS is tracking a ball he says Balance Circuit Malfunction. Does anyone know what that means? and if you could help me I would appreciate it. Thanks again for all your help.

crazygeorge
crazygeorge's picture

interesting, at a guess, you have a contact in the wires for the ballancing mech.  I have 2 RSms open at the mo experimenting, so check back in a day ort so, ad i will take a pickty of the ballance mech and wires.  

Helibot
Helibot's picture

Hi AsuraI havent heard the phrase "Balance Circuit Malfunction" either. You can try doing the same action with different personalities selected, he may then use a defferent phrase that makes more sense.There is a sensor that is used to tell if the robot has fallen over, so maybe that is being somehow triggered incorrectly?Cheers   Helibot

asuracomputers
asuracomputers's picture

Hey thanks for getting back to me. I tried the other personalities and the message is different but doesn't tell me anthing. he basically just doesn't recognize the ball. or he asks for it. The odd part is that he can track human with no issue this only occurs when i put a ball in front of him. He never states the color of the ball. The best he will do is ask for it. and then just hold it. After a while he says balance circuit malfunction. I wasn't sure if it was related to the color balance settings however I tried other settings and have gotten the same response. Thanks for getting back to me I look forward to hearing back from you again.

crazygeorge
crazygeorge's picture

HINot being able to track the ball, is probebly down to the lighting conditions,  it has to be in perfect light to for all the tracking to work.   human tracking works in bad lighting thoughDoes he say that when you do anything else.  Like stand up or sit down.  What personality is loaded on him, or is it a custom personality.  

asuracomputers
asuracomputers's picture

Hi   He is just loaded with the RS Media personality. and he doesn't do it on any other function sit up sit down nothing just on tracking feature. he follows it then looks up in the air, followed by a right twist of his upper body and then says balance circuit malfunction. no I also have to V2's and under the same lighting conditions they can both track recognize colors etc. not sure I have tried many other configs but I will try in a different light setting and see although I am not to sure lol. If you have any ideas please let me know thanks

asuracomputers
asuracomputers's picture

I am posting a video on you tube and I am going to put the link in here so that you can see it and tell me if it makes more sense now. Thanks for all your time.    

asuracomputers
asuracomputers's picture
crazygeorge
crazygeorge's picture

understood, will try reproduce that tomorrow.   you have got me thinking, i have never seen that before, it could be 1.   iether a crossed wire on main board or head board2. or  a loose ribbon cable from the head to the main board or media board.3.  or a corrupted personality  ( if it only happens with default RSM personality ) After its haveing the problem, its re-starting, but dosent look like its rebooting.     The head board and main board ( not media or motor board ) deal with colour recognition and tracking, i think.    

asuracomputers
asuracomputers's picture

Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it. Just FYI it happens in all personalities just with a different saying depending on Personality or he just says nothing.

crazygeorge
crazygeorge's picture

think have found how to duplicate it, but have them both wired for other test at the mo.Tusday or wed i will have a proper go.  After an initial look, i thinks its down to a crossed wire or ill fitting ribbon cable from the head.  Ar you ok at unscrewing his head case and back.   Just check that the ribbon that connects to teh main board from the head board is not loose and the brown clamps are in place.  

asuracomputers
asuracomputers's picture

I will definitly check that today and let you know what happens. I really appreciate you getting back to me. Thanks let you no later today.

asuracomputers
asuracomputers's picture

Morning I have a question, first of all thanks for all the help so far i was busy the last 2 days had the flu so i just started working on the rs media today. When i take the cover off the front what is the easiest way to dissconnect the cable for the display in his chest. Just want to make sure so i don't damage anything. Thanks i look forward to your response thanks again.

crazygeorge
crazygeorge's picture

hi, small flat screw driver.   .  let me detail this properly for you later,  you might wish to start withy the head, as i suspect, thats were the ribbon will be loose, will try post you a pick later

asuracomputers
asuracomputers's picture

I got it.. Works the same as any pc connector on a laptop i checked all the connections and they seem connected well I am going to reconnect them. And the reassemble and I will let you know. I checked all 3 harnesses and they all appear to be connected correctly. but I am going to redo all of them and I will let you know a bit later. Thanks again for all the help.

asuracomputers
asuracomputers's picture

OK so all back together and still the same balance circuit malfunction message.. This is crazy all connections are good what else do you think I can try any help you can give is appreciated. thanks again

crazygeorge
crazygeorge's picture

did you check them at the head,  or from teh media board ( board at back were sd card goes ).   Mostly, the interaction for the ballance curcit, and for tracking colours is done on the main board ( inside chest, not motor board ).  I will have a test again tomorrow when i get home, as i have an RSM open,  I suspect its betyween them, and a short, becasue the mainboartd seem s to be rebooting in your video, not the media board.I will test every wire that mae its reset, it will have to be one of them,  am guessing a short on the ballance curcit cablinging is overpowering and reseting the emprom on the main board 

crazygeorge
crazygeorge's picture
asuracomputers
asuracomputers's picture

i did reset the cabels on both ends in the head and the mainboard. Uless I have a bad cable. I will take the cable out and check it and let you know. Thanks again.

crazygeorge
crazygeorge's picture

I will have a test through it again tomorrow night, i have one nearly fully stripped at the mo to do tests on ( new hack comming ).  So i shold be able to guess what wires are crossing