mr personality software discovery

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
flyingmcintosh
flyingmcintosh's picture
mr personality software discovery

hi first please apologise for my english i recently bought a mr. personality on ebay and i spend the past 4 days to foud where to download the mr personality media orgainzer, i have even contacted wowwee for help but obvously they can't do nothing. i was very desperate until i found this intersting trick during my quest on internet.the website www.archive.org have made backup for billions of website over time, among those sites they backup the wowwee site so if you go to http://www.wowwee.com/en/support/mr-personality and chose a backup in year 2009 you will be able to see and download the software via link provided on the page. the software works like a charm and even run on mac os x (i can only check the app for the moment, i havn't receve my robot yet) this wasn't possible at the time acording to the user manual. you can download the Max_Simon.vivo file from the app. i didn't go any further but if you keep diging you will possibly find other hard to find downlodable content for other wowwee products.i hope this trick will help some of you.  thanks for reading.

gscurtis
gscurtis's picture

great find! 

gscurtis
gscurtis's picture

flyingmcintosh...I am about a week behind you.  I purchased Mr Presonality off ebay.  from the pictures it appears to load and operate but you never know until you get it. Was yours operable?I used your link to download Adobie Air 1.7 and it immediately upgraded to 1.8 version then I downloaded Max and Simon file and a text file that doesnt apear to contain more than a few ascii characters.   I guess that is the extent of the available software.  I could not find any other personalities. Have you found any forums dedicated to Mr. Personality

flyingmcintosh
flyingmcintosh's picture

The unit i got from ebay is fully operable now but when i recived it wasn't because of a bad pakaging (the robot was upside down with almost nothing under. the torso mecanisim was out of alignement due to shock) but now it's fine. the only personality from wowwee is max and simon and they release nothing at all after that. the file Max_simon.vivo is il reality a .zip file that contain all mp3 file with .txt files that apear to be all the movement that the robot made during the sound is played. when Mr.P is pluged via USB (i use Mac os x i dont know on PC) the internal memory apear like a usb stick and it's now possible to transfer the file from the .vivo to the robot. has far as i know, there is no forum dedicated to Mr. Personality. In fact, there si almost no information on internet for the poor Mr.P.