You have a nice Personality. We want it...

24 posts / 0 new
Last post
Khalid J Hosein
Khalid J Hosein's picture
You have a nice Personality. We want it...

We mean your RS Media personality of course! Wink

So if you've been tinkering with your RS Media and have created just the coolest personality, please share it with the world. Just send it to personalities@robocommunity.com.

We're in the process of building a section just to make all of those personalities available for download. Eventually, we'll set it up so that you can upload the personalities yourself. Stay tuned.

Khalid J Hosein

Since the capturing of a new personality is a little involved, here are some guidelines on how to do so.

Capture a Personality:

• Use the Personality Editor to create your own personality.
  • Upload it to your RS Media and test it out.
  • Place your RS Media back into USB Mode, and make sure it's connected to your computer.
  • Now browse to the drive on your computer that represents the RS Media (probably E: or F:).
  • Drill down into the Personalities folder and locate the folder that holds the Personality you created.
  • Copy that entire folder to your computer (it holds all of the images, audio files, and macros for that personality).
  • Now head over to where you copied that folder, and zip it up. The compressed file is what you should send us or share with your friends.

How to download and install a personality:

• Download the compressed file and decompress somewhere on your computer (note this location).
  • Change into the main folder of the decompressed personality and locate the .per file.
  • Open up the .per file in a text editor.
  • Change all of the paths to reflect the path where you decompressed it. Ex: If it says C:\Temp\MyPersonality\Sounds... in the .per file, but you unzipped it into C:\RSMedia\Downloads\Personality1\, then you would replace all instances of C:\Temp\MyPersonality\ with C:\RSMedia\Downloads\Personality1\
  • Now use the Media Organizer to browse to this new .per file and Add it to your Library.
  • Then you can upload it to your RS Media.

If you have your own method and/or other tips, let us know.

blade
blade's picture

hi Khalid

i just wanted to know if you have any personalitys yet for us to download and try?

also if anyone can post some sites we can get sound files to make are own.

thanks

Artanor
Artanor's picture

I am working on a personality called Dark Lord using my own voice with a bit of tweaking using Audacity (thats free sound editing porgram if you dont know)  here a link to give you an idea of what he will sound like. http://img20.imageshack.us/my.php?image=darklordsamplets5.swf Its slow going though as there are over 200 different audio clips to create !

Artanor

Hunter
Hunter's picture

Hey Artanor sounds coolSmile did you only use Audacity to make that? and was it your own voice you used?

I made a few Personalities over the christmas Hols and they took me long enough (well still tweeking them.....) im going to start one from scratch soon and with over 200 audio clips to make and being back at work i can see it taking me a while, so don't hold your breath, but im looking forward to taking your personality for a test drive.

Hunter.

(Edit) opps!! i see it was your own voice

Khalid J Hosein

Hey folks,

I've been away for a week at the CES show checking out the latest WowWee stuff, as well as in the rest of the electronics world, so I haven't had a chance to test out and upload one of the new Personalities that we got. Stay tuned.

_Khalid 

Khalid J Hosein

At long last, the RS Media Custom Personalities Download page is here!

And please remember to send us your customized RS Media personalities to share with the world. Now, go create!

FREEEK
FREEEK's picture

[...] too bad that no user did'n post a complete customized Personality ... is anyone bodering anymore with this ?!?!

I think that the worst part is about that "bag of sounds" that it should be with the same voice ... I give you a tip:

TTS

Khalid J Hosein

It's not true that no one has uploaded a new personality - Hunter has already shared his Bender personality. Hunter - you're working on a version 2 as well, right?!

Once the RS Media becomes available in the US and Canada, expect this # to go up as there will be a lot more people who own the RS Media.

FREEEK
FREEEK's picture

...my mistake ... no 100% complete personality ready yet ... I meen

Hunter
Hunter's picture

Version 2 is under way but it all takes time, what with work and other commitments,

Version 1 was made within the few days i had off over christmas and that included downloading and editing the sounds. if i had more time i would have done more. Even so i hope you like my first attempt.

Hunter.

FREEEK
FREEEK's picture

Robo®v1.0 Personality sended to personalities@robocommunity.com .

FREEEK
FREEEK's picture

Robo®v1.1 Personality sended to personalities@robocommunity.com (it contains some last link error modifications). You can download it from this link.

BandWizard
BandWizard's picture

I spent hours and hours and created a pretty complete B9 Robot personality.  Even created a dance to the original Lost In Space theme song.  I have a lot of tweeking to do however.  With all that time spent on it's creation, I am holding off on posting it till I see some others that I might want for my own.  Anyone else posting?

Botmaticon
Botmaticon's picture

BandWizard,

Would like two minutes of your time if possible to discuss building a personality. I have a bunch of ideas, a bunch of .wav files and a plan, but some basic questions about using the Bodycon editor, for starters. Any chance we could chat?

Botmaticon, aka Tom
tatwood698@earthlink.net

Eric Brandt
Eric Brandt's picture

I received the following request, and want to pass it on to you. Folks, let's help Botmaticon out with advice and links to the resources he needs:

I'm seeking some basic help so that I can promote RS Media and help others in my shoes.

My assignment is to build a new personality and document it for our website at Robot magazine, and to share that with the community at robocommunity. This is a very pro-Wowwee and pro-RS Media endeavor...

My six-year-old son and I have worked out moves and voice .wav files, but I'm finding the basic Bodycon tools a challenge. I have recorded a few moves and seen blocks appear in the motion bar and am seeking detailed instructions. I'm eager to find a step-by-step guide to proper understanding of these  frames and to use of the Keyframe button.

>>> I seek a post or page that spells out Bodycon editor basics in absolute detail.

Can you help me publicize how to best use this product?

many thanks!!

roschler
roschler's picture

I sent my Vadersapien personality to WowWee and got my Dragonfly for the beta test.  I guess I was supposed to post it here too?:

http://www.robotsrule.com/html/vaders...

Sorry for the confusion.

Eric Brandt
Eric Brandt's picture

cover of robot magazine fall 2007A follow up on Tom Atwood's article.

This piece was published as the cover article in Robot magazine's Fall 2006 issue.

My first read of this piece shows it is a rather wonderful "how-to" piece on making your own RS media personality.

I have posted the text in a couple somewhat rough jpg. They are readable and can be downloaded from links on my blog.

When I get the article in cleaner text form i will post that too.

But for now i'm curious what all you other other "personality" pioneers think...

Robotdude101
Robotdude101's picture

I'm gonna get RS:Meda very soon, I was just wondering, if u all could make a darth vader personallity. I'm a big fan of that cyborg and it would be cool to have my bot as Darth Vader. I will post new personallities as I go along.

Bye

roschler
roschler's picture

Robotdude101, How about Vadersapien? It's not made from Darth Vader clips but it sounds very evil! Of course I'm biased since I'm the author. :) http://www.robotsrule.com/html/vaders...

Robotdude101
Robotdude101's picture

I'm not gonna be able to download it yet because, 1, I don't have the bot. And 2, Not sure if the computer is were I'll have the program. but thanks roschler. thx for your newsletter.

tf2psycho
tf2psycho's picture

i sent in a c-3po personality here its not complete but its something aleast a beta for me to keep improving since i just got the rs media and only had about 5 days total to figure how it works and figure out what sounds best when it comes to recording audio and which programm to use to convert and im still working on figuring out how to use macros with bodycons and videos and images while hes saying his c-3po stuff... anyway hope they put it up here soon since theres not much out there now........i really like the bender personality and it taught me alot by exploring the rs sd card and browsing through his head ...

tf2psycho
tf2psycho's picture

c-3po final is now finished and in the downloads section :)

my next personality is going to be RS Arnold Govenator and terminator in one

coyote09
coyote09's picture

helpthe link are dead, personality with a french voice? or find the list ? what type windows ?  cédric french rs média