I got a brand-new RSV2, straight out of the box he ran for about three minutes and suddenly fell over and started shooting battery acid and smoke out of his foot. I call wowwee, they make me take pictures of the internals of everything and after three days decide to offer me no support because it was a gift given to me from someone who bought it on eBay. So now looking at this dead robot in my corner, I'm getting a little curious about why this happened and what to do, brand-new electronics shouldn't blow up batteries.
When I open her up I found a single bare wire in the same foot that malfunctioned(battery acid etc) touching the motor.
one whole cabling system is literally crumbling, all of the insulation. Other than that everything is fine, all boards still functioning (except programming memory), til one of the wires touches and the batteries blow up. What a humongous piece of crap.
I taped everything up for fun, he works, except now it appears he has a memory problem, he has none. Programming just will not work, though he appears to go through the motions. Any chance of me being able to repair? Wowwee sure isn't going to help me.
Edit!!: wowwee helped me! a resolution was achieved on the next page