Maxx Steele Robot Value

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
FIRSTguy
FIRSTguy's picture
Maxx Steele Robot Value

I have a Maxx Steele robot in my basement, and I'm curious how much I could sell it for. I read that it's retail price was $200 around 1986 or '87, and with inflation that makes it about $400. But I'm curious if it's value is that simple, or if age has affected the value at all. So, if anyone here has an idea of it's potential value, I would be grateful if you would let me know. I hope I've posted this in the right place.

Thank you

NanoTek
NanoTek's picture

It would be helpful if you put up as many details as possible about the Maxx Steele that you own. The value of your robot is subjected to how close it is to its original condition at the time of release.

The Old Robot's Web Site has a picture of it for reference:

http://www.theoldrobots.com/maxx.html

FIRSTguy
FIRSTguy's picture

It's barely been used, so it's still looks the same and has all the original components. Truthfully, I still need to see how well it works, and find the remote. I had it, but it seems to have been separated from the robot during my last move. But it should essentially be in same condition as it was out of the box.

robopizza
robopizza's picture

Without a remote his value depreciates quite a bit. Without a remote you can not verify that the bot is fully functional.

My opinion, without remote, you can only sell the bot as "incomplete/as is" lowering his value considerably.

I would locate the remote and sell that way.

Cheers

FIRSTguy
FIRSTguy's picture

What would you say the value is if I found the remote? I never planned to sell it without the remote, it's around the basement somewhere, I just haven't turned all the boxes inside out yet. I'm just looking for it's value assuming I have the remote and the robot works properly.

Thanks

robopizza
robopizza's picture

Hi firstguy,
I am no authority just a collector, however I do do some buying/selling. My observation is that we are in a buyers market right now. U.S economy is stagnant and most people are tightening up their spending. There are good deals out there for buyers but I don't think sellers are getting the true value out of their robots.

Myself, I am generally buying and not selling. The market will fluctuate again to a sellers market when the economy picks up (I hope).

Not many Max Steeles are out there. A functional/complete Max Steele should give you a nice return if you find the right buyer.

My friendly/amatuer advice would be to find the remote and all accessories, clean/refurbish the robot to the best of your ability, and wait/holdout for the motivated collector as a buyer.

I would not put That robot on Ebay as an auction unless you set a fairly high reserve. I just watched one move on Ebay for a fraction of it's value.

Myself, I would not sell a functioning Maxx. I believe his value will continue to increase significantly as time passes.

Well, that is the best advice I have. I could be wrong.

Cheers

TikaC
TikaC's picture

OMG! If you have one, don't get rid of it! They are so RARE! If you must get rid of it, set a high reserve price. I'd say that's worth more than $400. I agree with the suggestion to hold out for an avid collector. You'll get a good value in return.

For example, the i-Que robot my manley/toyquest sold for around $200 in 2007/2008 when it came out. Now, *IF* you can find one (BIG IF), they are selling for around $700 or more!

And we all know what happened to the RS Media! Sold for what, $600 new and dropped down to around $200 or less (Nyx was around $150 when I got him), and now that they are no longer made and hard to find, they are now around $600. Though I got lucky with Garcifer and got him for under half that.

I'd say keep it if you are into robots as they are worth something! But if you must sell, you can pull in much more than $400 I'm sure, if you find the right collector. Otherwise, it'd be a shame to let it go for less than that.

Me, if I had the money, I'd give you around $700 - $800 for it (not including shipping, etc.) But alas, I don't have the funds. :(

FIRSTguy
FIRSTguy's picture

Alright, I'll just hold on to it for a while. I'd like the best return I can get. I still need to find the remote and test it anyway.

Thank you

smallenginerepair
smallenginerepair's picture

i had 2 maxx steele bots as a kid i would offer u 1,000.00 cashfor your maxx steele if interested contact me at 865-306-0921 ask for greg....

mittysnook
mittysnook's picture

Hello all,

I just purchased a Maxx Steele for the purpose of reselling. He is 100% complete w/ all accessories in the original Picture Box w/ manuals,Stabilizers,Mirror etc. The only thing I don;t have is his charger. I have heard of people replacing the battery and charger on this Robot but have no idea how to find them or where to buy them. Could anybody help?

Also I saw that on person (ROBOPIZZA) said not to sell these on ebay that they won't bring what they should. How much do they bring? The one I have sure looks good. Appears to have had very little play, no yellowing, spent most of its life in the box I believe. If I would have to bet I'd say it's funtional. I just need to charge/get a new battery maybe and I can find out.

Thanks MITTY 

samcrime786
samcrime786's picture

hi,

I think,it would be helpful to use and max Steele should give you a nice return if you find the right buyer but that robot without remote can't use. thanks.

Earn an Extra $1000 to $1200 per month doing Part Time Data Entry Jobs! Work from home data entry jobs to post simple data submissions on Internet. Make $1 per entry. Easy form filling, data entry and ad posting jobs. No selling, No phone calls, No Marketing. No Investment. Bi-weekly payments. Full Training Provided. Pls visit: [url=http://www.dataentrywork.net/?id=26201] Data-Entry [/url]

robot chic
robot chic's picture
robot chic
robot chic's picture

i really enjoy the maxx steele discussion.

samredelf
samredelf's picture

@MITTY
You can use a 12vDC battery as a substitute for the 10v power pack that originally came with the robot. However you will need to disconnect the battery while you charge it to avoid frying your motherboard.

satelliteyes
satelliteyes's picture

I have a Maxx Steele put away in a closet @ my parents house from back in 1985.... My mother won it in a sweepstakes and came with a bad battery pack..... its all complete and has like 20ish minutes use..... the printed box is still in the shipping box and all packaging complete........ replacing the batteries were never a priority to my parents thus it went forgotten about till I was older and by then I didn't want to play with it for fear of breaking it..... anyway..... gona sit on it for a good bit longer till I get an offer I cant refuse!

Omnibot 2000
Omnibot 2000's picture

Hi anyone have a maxx steele they are willing to sell?
Thanks

Omnibot 2000
Omnibot 2000's picture

Hi
Most maxx steele's are not worth more than $1000 unless try are complete an in mint condition. There is one on ebay at the moment for $999 but it probably will not see as the price is quite high. I would say around 500-600. I bought a good one in the UK for only ?90 so pretty good deal. And you are right you will not get 600 for it if you put it on ebay.
Thanks and hopes this helps.

FIRSTguy
FIRSTguy's picture

I have a Maxx Steele I would be willing to sell. I made this post a while ago to see how much to ask.

Let me know if you are interested in buying it, let me know.

Omnibot 2000
Omnibot 2000's picture

Hi I am interested how much would you like for it?

Omnibot 2000
Omnibot 2000's picture

Is it complete and remote and mirror?

FIRSTguy
FIRSTguy's picture

I'm afraid we can't find the remote for it. We moved a while back, and it most have gotten lost during that. We do have the mirror, however.

If you are interested give me your email address and we can discuss the purchase that way.

Omnibot 2000
Omnibot 2000's picture

Maximilian.levy@virgin.net
Email me pictures so that I can value it

GregRussell1979
GregRussell1979's picture

I can offer you upwards of 800 cash for maxx. Please call me at 978 701 4481 ask for greg.

GregRussell1979
GregRussell1979's picture

I can offer you 1500.00 cash for him. Please contact me at 978 701 4481. Also please have pictures you can text or email. Ask for greg

M Pearce
M Pearce's picture

Hi Greg i have a Max steel im selling it is in used working order with mirrior and remort but not original battery . THe box may also be available but if i remember it is tatty no inserts polyfoam .

ratowski
ratowski's picture

I am selling a Maxx Steele Robot.  Here is a link to a page with a description and a few pictures.  Please send me a message if you have any questions about the robot.  Thank you. http://www.rgrouplab.com/maxx_steele.html