Roboraptor problem (neck spins)

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Man
The Man's picture
Roboraptor problem (neck spins)

I have an issue with  Roboraptor that was working fine, then it started to act funny. Whenever I hit the stop button, it will spin its head 3 times.  This almost always happens with any new command.  Someone else had this issue back in 2009, but nobody responded to that thread with a solution. All features work -- it's just that annoying 3-cycle head spin!

I managed to take it apart to look at the neck, and there was one black wire loose -- not connected to anything. I really tried to find where it broke loose from, but could not find anything other than the cable which connects at the neck edge into the head.  I did manage to connect it mechanically and test it out, but that didn't do anything. I'm stumped!

In any case, I'd love to solve this issue and get it working again! If anybody has any suggestions, please let me know.

Cheers

nomad
nomad's picture

hi,i would check all batteries.and also the remote.
also good thing is place some pics here .

Megasapien2009
Megasapien2009's picture

I don't think this problem have something to do with the batteries. Of course, you can check them, but you don't have to. I would - like Nomad said - post some pics here. Then we will see if we can help you. :D

The Man
The Man's picture

It isn't the batteries since I replaced all of them with new ones and it still has the issue. I will try and post some pics soon. Thanks!

nomad
nomad's picture

yu can try whit electronic spray,clean circuitboards from raptor and remote

The Man
The Man's picture

Here are some pics of the neck electronics:

The Man
The Man's picture

And one more. The loose black wire was short, so I soldered an extension onto it. I simply cannot find where it came loose within the proximity of the wire's length. Baffling!

nomad
nomad's picture

hi.is it possible that the two black are on the same soldering together.

nomad
nomad's picture

The Man
The Man's picture

hi nomad,

thanks very much for your suggestion! i thought it had come loose on some empty terminal, and never thought that it could be soldered to the same terminal as the other black wire. i soldered the loose wire to that, and voila! it works now. thanks very much for your help -- you made my day !!

nomad
nomad's picture

hi the man. yeach and thanks you for making a good post here whit pics.
you saved a wowwee bot.