Elvis no sound

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
crazygeorge
crazygeorge's picture
Elvis no sound

Hi Just got one of the elvis head from ebay cheep,  it has not sound output,   so far i have checked  1.  amp seems to be supplying speakers with power, adn when turned up full, you can hear the amp, but not sounds ( slight hissing ) 2.  The line in,  you can just hear it if you put the input device volume up full.  3.  will text with MIC later today. was just wandering if anyone had prior sound problems with one of these, and what did they do to fix   

crazygeorge
crazygeorge's picture

just tested mic, no joy.  also dissconnected the input and mic boards tyo see if th\t made any difference.   nope. any ideas ?

crazygeorge
crazygeorge's picture

small update.    

The amp curcit seem to have a problem, have temp run a bypass by taking the feed direct from the main board, using the line that feeds the amp ( Aud-L GND Aud-R ) and running it through some powered speakers, and its working   i will troubleshoot the amp incase anyone else has this problem.   

Adding a Pi to him for easy acsess and looking at what can be done to improve him.   Looking at others work documented on here ( retro and Gwax ), i have some plans  muahahahaha