Burning man robot display

1 post / 0 new
capnjonny
capnjonny's picture
Burning man robot display

Greatings, My name is John and I am going to be attending the Burning Man event in 2018 . This years theme it I Robot and I would like to build a display  called Ralph’s Robot Wrecking Yard.Robot to be a male mannequin ( already acquired) wearing gold metallic  unitard with Robot glasses  or and Positronic brain (clear bowl on top of head with flashing led lights ) sitting in a kiosk  4’ x 4’ x 7 ft high with 100 watt solar panel on roof charging batteries which  power the displays. Robot to be surrounded by console containing lights and dials and computer trash. Kiosk to be festooned with robot masks , body  parts,  and techno trash  including talking toaster. Solar  spotlights light up kiosk at night. Light show  disco ball in roof activates when  visitor trips proximity switch followed by  spotlights on mannequin.  panel lights and sounds and big red switch flashing  stay on continuously24/7.  Robot torso on swivel.  When visitor presses big red  button, , robot, who is facing side console supposedly working  turns to face visitor.Robot greats visitor and tells them about Robbie’s Wrecking service.  As robot talks  light in mouth hole flashes on and off. (bluetooth  speaker in mouth )After robot gives spiel he thanks person for coming and asks them to sign the guest book  then tells them he is busy and good by  then turns to side again to finish work. And display switches off. till next person trips proximity switch.I already have the manniquen, the gold Unitard ,solar panel,  and a Dell insperion 1505 laptop and the skills to build the display. What I don't have are the expertise to program the movement , voice, and lighting effects. At the very least I would like to be able to have the manniquin torso  rotate 90 deg back and forth on  a turntable. using the computer to program  lights to turn on and off  and a pre recorded  speech to play  when the manniquin turns to face a passer by  would be great. If there is anyone reading this living in the san Jose Calif. Area or near by  that could help me with this project   that would be great.  if anyone can suggest  a mechanical set up to rotate the robot torso that would be a big help.  Thanks,  John